Join Us

We are 224,943 members in 83 forums discussing 163,795 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Bra for implant reconstruction, super sensitive skin

Forum: Breast Reconstruction —

Talk with others facing decisions about whether or not to have breast reconstruction, and if so, what type and when.

Posted on: May 17, 2021 01:55PM

Bmkmatz wrote:

Hi thank you for all the help here! I had immediate reconstruction with implants 6 weeks ago, no bra per surgeon. Now implants seems to be moving out towards underarm area so said I can wear a bra (to encourage them to settle more towards middle of chest) but have super sensitive skin that needs to keep healing (had some necrosis but operated and now healing great). Any thoughts on bras? I have genie on order but need support/band to encourage them to the center. Thank you so much!!

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

May 17, 2021 11:43PM KnitNerd wrote:

The hospital sent me home with a Marena bra. Super comfortable — I sleep in them with no problems. And the straps can adjust depending on issues with incisions/scars/etc. https://marena.com/collections/womens-post-surgical-flexfit-bras-stabilizers

Dx 11/20/2020, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 1/18/2021 Lumpectomy: Left

May 18, 2021 11:52AM Rah2464 wrote:

Wear Ease makes a compression bra that is wonderful. No harsh seams or stitching anywhere to irritate plus the compression might be helpful for you. They also have some tanks that could be good.

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/26/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/26/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 20, 2021 07:56PM lightningblue wrote:

AnaOno Intimates makes bras specifically designed for this. They are so soft and comfortable it's a relief.

I initially had flat closure surgery that made my skin and nerves sensitive and painful all the time. AnaOno bras were lifesavers. I believe they are so perfect because they are designed by a survivor who knows what to look out for.

Diagnosed age 32 in March 2019 Surgery 4/10/2019 Mastectomy: Left, Right

May 21, 2021 02:15PM Bmkmatz wrote:

Thank you so much!! I love (and really don't love at the same time!) that there is so much knowledge out there. (Wish no one had to go through it and get that knowledge). I got an AnaOno which is SO soft and great but no support...waiting on a Wear Ease and have found that Warners wireless seem to encourage better placement...just not as comfortable. But so far no skin problems/irritation and that's my biggest concern so again thank you SO much!!

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)