Topic: Replacing breast implants

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Talk with others facing decisions about whether or not to have breast reconstruction, and if so, what type and when.

Posted on: Jun 25, 2021 06:02PM

Posted on: Jun 25, 2021 06:02PM

veronicapoland2 wrote:

I have had textured implants since my double mastectomy 6 and a half years ago. I am concerned because of the recall on textured implants but they have also shifted and there is scar tissue that makes them uncomfortable. I have decided to have them replaced and am trying to decide between plain silicone vs saline. My PS also said he would do some liposuction to add fat to the implants for support. Any experience with this? Safety? I am a young 72 year old. Thank you.

Page 6 of 6 (54 results)

Feb 12, 2022 11:32AM dulcea wrote:

Yay! I had my capsulotomy and implant exchange yesterday. I feel so good considering what I went through! I probably could have gone to work today, but still feel a bit loopy from anesthesia. I am only taking tylenol and I probably don't even need that.

I didn't realize how bad the contracture was until now. It feels great. Praying it stays that way!

I have to wear the bandeau again for a minimum of a month so the implants don't rest too high.

I am quite pleased with this recovery so far!

I'm not sure where to ask this question, but does anyone know if insurance will cover bras for a BMX with implants? I have had a hard time find bras that actually fit these new shapes. Their base is wider than my original girls and if I go wider in the cup then the front of the bra has nothing in it. I feel like a visit to a professional bra expert is warranted. Sorry if I'm not making sense! I'm still a little loopy.

Diagnosed at 57, 2 BCs within 3 months, Oncotype 19, Stage IIB, 2.5 cm, 1/3 lymph nodes-macromets, LVI Dx 11/4/2020, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+ Surgery 11/17/2020 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Dx 1/29/2021, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/5/2021 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 5/11/2021 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant

Feb 13, 2022 12:19AM minustwo wrote:

Dulcea - by all means, visit a professional. Most Nordstrom's stores have a fitter trained for BC patients & you can make an appointment. ANd yes, insurance paid for a bra for me as long as I had a prescription with the correct codes. Nordstroms knew all that information. Don't know the limit or how many a year, but it's a start.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Feb 13, 2022 08:11AM dulcea wrote:

@MinusTwo, Thank you. We have a Lady Grace store nearby, who only cater to breast cancer patients but I didn't know if their service extended to implant patients as well. I know my mother went there once a year for her new bras but she stayed flat after her mastectomy. It's good to know there are other places like Nordstroms too! It sounds like I need a prescription first though! I am only a few days out from replacement so I'll have to wait until things settle down.

On another note, I had a successful replacement of both my implants as well as having a capsulotomy. I am now hearing a lot of sloshing going on inside my breasts every time I move. At first it makes me giggle, but then I worry whether or not this is normal. I know when I had my BMX, I had drains of course, so I know fluid is normal. But should I be hearing all this sloshing? It actually sounds like farts! Ha! It doesn't seem like there is too much and my breasts are ready to burst at all. I am pretty comfortable. Of course, no one mentioned it to me at the hospital and there is nothing about it in the discharge papers. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this. The hospital will call me tomorrow to check in so I will ask them then, but in the meantime, any one else experience this?

I work in an elementary school and I just can't see myself working around these kids with farting breasts!

Diagnosed at 57, 2 BCs within 3 months, Oncotype 19, Stage IIB, 2.5 cm, 1/3 lymph nodes-macromets, LVI Dx 11/4/2020, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+ Surgery 11/17/2020 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Dx 1/29/2021, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/5/2021 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 5/11/2021 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant

Feb 13, 2022 09:06PM - edited Feb 13, 2022 09:06PM by veggal

The sloshing is normal. Mine farted and squeaked for a week or so.

Dx 1/12/2016, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 3/11/2016 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Surgery 6/10/2016 Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Surgery 9/8/2017 Reconstruction (Left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant

Page 6 of 6 (54 results)

Scroll to top button