Join Us

We are 224,301 members in 83 forums discussing 163,482 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Corrective surgery after radiation?

Forum: Breast Reconstruction —

Talk with others facing decisions about whether or not to have breast reconstruction, and if so, what type and when.

Posted on: Sep 10, 2021 02:28PM

LotusMama wrote:

Hi all,

I was treated for Her2+ BC in 2012--chemo, lumpectomy, radiation. Grateful to have be cancer-free for many years now, and to this community that offered so much support during that time.

I have asymmetrical breasts due to the lumpectomy and am now considering corrective surgery. I'd like to do a lift and reduction, but my surgeon has told me there's a higher risk of complication due to radiation.

If you've had corrective or reconstructive surgery after radiation therapy, I'd appreciate hearing about your experience.

Thank you!

Lesley

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Sep 10, 2021 03:00PM Moderators wrote:

Hi LotusMama, it's nice to "see" you again, despite the troubles you're having!

While you wait for responses from our amazing members, we wanted to point you to this page on the main Breastcancer.org site on Reconstruction After Lumpectomy, which you may find helpful.

We hope this helps and that you get responses soon!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 11, 2021 12:45AM Cowgirl13 wrote:

LotusMama, I had a lumpectomy in 2009 and just this year have been wondering about some reconstructive surgery. I have a big divot in my breast since the lumpectomy and my breasts are quite asymmetrical also. I too, had radiation.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the Devil says: 'Oh crap! She's up! Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/17/2009 Chemotherapy 8/3/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/23/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)