Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Center for Restorative Breast Surgery Center

Options
Antigone0531
Antigone0531 Member Posts: 2
edited January 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

I’m having a difficult time with my post-radiated breast implant incision healing. My incision has been revised twice now. I’m currently recovering from the second one as I write this. My doctor referred to my complications as capsular contracture. He doesn’t think this second incision revision will hold. He mentioned doing a Latissimus Dorsi Flap Reconstruction.
Has anyone been through this? Has anyone been to the Center for Restorative Breast Surgery Center in New Orleans

Comments

• bookworm14
    bookworm14 Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2021
    Options

I finished my third surgery in August at the Center. I’m here if you have any questions.

• Digezy
    Digezy Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2021
    Options

I had my flap revision Thursday by Dr. Cabiling at the breast center. The operation was way more involved than I thought it was going to be. l have 2 drains and he pretty much cut open every scar I had before. the flap is a good alternative for women who have capsular contracture because there will be nothing foreign in your body. It is major surgery, but you would be transplanting yourown skin up to your breasts so there would be no rejection.

• lalbo
    lalbo Member Posts: 68
    edited January 2022
    Options

I'm talking with the Center about revision from implants to DIEP flap. Lots to consider and also they are out of my insurance network so the out of pocket expense is also something to think about. But I want it done right and in 2 surgeries, DIEP flap surgery and the fine tuning procedure. Dr. SAROSH NAZ ZAFAR, MD. is who reviewed my pictures.