Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Breast warmer bra inserts for mastectomy patients

Options
orangeflower
orangeflower Member Posts: 92
edited January 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

Has anyone tried the Brilliantly Warm inserts? They were made by a mastectomy patient to combat the cold feeling some of us get from implants. They look a little pricey, so I was wondering if anyone had tried them.

My chest gets a little chilly when I'm in a room any cooler than about 68 degrees.

Comments

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options

I just use hot hands in the pockets of a flannel shirt when I’m outside in the winter.

• orangeflower
    Options

I'll have to look this up!

• MerryKR
    MerryKR Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi
    This is my first time using a forum like this - my double mastectomy was April 2021.

I am also curious about these warmers - this is a very uncomfortable and unexpected side effect.

I can’t even find a review for them anywhere online- and I do need something.

Hope to get some info

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,911
    Options

Hi Merry, and welcome to Breascancer.org! Hope you get responses from other community members soon. Meanwhile, just letting you know that we're here for you. Please let us know if you need any help at all while you navigate the boards. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!

The Mods

• orangeflower
    Options

Hi Mary. My doctors didn't warn me about this issue, either.

I haven't tried those warmers I posted. Usually I'm fine if I wear a warm top or I'm in a warm environment.