Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Squeaking Implant

Options
lab44
lab44 Member Posts: 24
edited February 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

I had my implants exchanged in November 2021 and 2 months later, started hearing a "squeaking" noise on 1 side. I met with the PA from my P.S. office and am waiting to hear if it is more than the implant rubbing on my chest wall. Curious if anyone has had this? How long did it last? Any advice? TIA

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,082
    Options

Sorry - I did not experience this so can't comment. Hope someone else will jump in.

• veggal
    veggal Member Posts: 261
    Options

I had it, but it didn’t last long. Any chance you have a seroma

• lalbo
    lalbo Member Posts: 68
    Options

I have/had it. I was the only one able to hear it, like it was an internal noise. Seems like it has either gone away or I don't notice it so much anymore. It was very disconcerting.

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    Options

I hope it resolves for you. I'm just chiming in as I'm curious. At first I thought maybe a leak? I hope not. I hope you get answers soon.

• lab44
    lab44 Member Posts: 24
    Options

Still waiting for the PA to get back to me since she's going to reach out to my P.S. since he's out of the office. P.A. thinks it's implant sliding against pocket, no diagnostics tests were done. Noise it most audible to me but my husband was able to hear it. Since I had never experienced this with my original implants from 2011, it's weird, especially since it started 2 months after my surgery. Trying to be patient.

• lalbo
    lalbo Member Posts: 68
    Options

lab44 - did you hear anything back from the PS?

My PS's nurse said it would probably go away. Didn't seem concerned about it.