Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

weird breast implant tightness

Options
terra123
terra123 Member Posts: 3
edited February 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

I have had my silicone implants for 2 years and have noticed when I am sick with cold, flu, covid really anything. I feel like my implants are tight or swollen. It's a weird feeling and disappears when I am well again. Has anyone else experienced this? Curious to see if I am the only one

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,080
    edited January 2022
    Options

terra - It's possibly breast/truncal lymphadema since the lymph system if part of the body's disease fighting system. Check out this thread. http://www.stepup-speakout.org/

When you get time, please do go to My Profile and enter your diagnosis & treatment. Responses would be different depending on those facts.

• terra123
    edited January 2022
    Options

you may possibly be correct based on information I read in the link. I have no other symptoms except the breast implants feeling tight and then it just goes away when I am well again. Because they removed so many it may very well be the reason. I updated my profile by the way

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,080
    edited February 2022
    Options

Terra - you do have to choose "make my info public" for us to see it attached your posts.

Although breast/truncal is much harder to diagnose, see if you can get an appointment with a trained/certified LEPT for measurement & evaluation.

• terra123
    edited February 2022
    Options

Because I am no longer sick the tightness doesn't exist now, but I have noticed it the last few times I was sick with something. Although it is only in the breast area, arm pit, arms are not included. I may research it further in my area so the next time it happens maybe I can get in with someone just to check.

I did make it public, but to skim over it. I have a bilateral mastectomy 7/2020 by choice due to family history even though it was only found on the left side. I had 2 places that measured 1.65 and 2.15cm with 3 lymph nodes involved although they removed several more during mastectomy. Then stints before reconstruction in Nov. 2020 I did not require any chemo or radiation at that time. I did have to have the left side redone due to contracture in Jan 2021