Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Not happy with expander size and what about implants!

loverofjesus
loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
edited April 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

Hello ladies. I need help!!

I currently am not happy with the projection size of my expanders. And I’m afraid when I get my implants I will be unhappy.

I currently have 500cc expanders. And on my body they are not large. About a very small C or B. I want a full C. My PS said he would put in 560cc implants. But after reading some threads I’m afraid it’s not going to be big enough.

Please can anyone share your experience with all of this? Should I try to ask for 600cc implants? What will give me more projection? And will I be able to go larger than my expanders?

Has this been the case for anyone else?

Comments

• monarchandthemilkweed
    monarchandthemilkweed Member Posts: 149
    edited April 2022

my implants are 400 and 440 (my body is weird and we had to make the one side bigger to make them look a little more symmetrical. Anyhow on me they look like a C probably. I’m 5 feet 6 inches and currently 155 pounds (up 5-10 lbs from everything). I’m mostly satisfied with them. I don’t love them but I don’t hate them. I’m stuck on what to do with nipples. I wish they looked more symmetrical. I think because these breasts were created in my mind they should be perfect. But my body is not perfect or symmetrical.

I’m not sure what advice to give you. Right now if I had to do it all over again I think I’d go a bit smaller.

• DaughterOfBarb
    DaughterOfBarb Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2022

I’m sorry you are going through this. I had a similar experience and it was such a punch in the gut. My PS put in 350cc expanders despite telling me at my initial consult that I would need 500-600cc implants to achieve my pre-MX size (full D/small DD). I feel like he completely forgot our previous discussions and went with what he felt “fit my frame”. Or just told me what I wanted to hear and then did what he wanted. I wasn’t able to get another PS to work with me before my exchange to implants since I was still under his care, so he did the swap and put in 460cc implants (leaving me at a full B, maybe small C) in November. Needless to say I am not satisfied and am now scheduled with a new PS to swap out the implants at the end of the month (hopefully in the 550-600 range. Keep in mind 500cc will look different on different body shapes, but generally the implants will have less projection and will appear smaller than the expanders. Depending on your PS, he/she may be able to put in 600cc implants. Have you asked? If not, it might be worth consulting with other PSs to see if they will take you on as a patient while still in the expanders. Maybe you’ll have better luck than I did with that. Best of luck to you

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,215
    edited April 2022

How much fill do you currently have in your expanders? Only the 500ccs? Your expanders can be overfilled beyond the size fill range, all the way to the maximum size for silicone implants, which is 800ccs. If you are unhappy with your current size - and implants will look smaller due to the fact that they do not have a hard back that causes forward projection - I would continue with fills until you approximate the size you wish to be. At that point what size implant achieves your vision should be discussed with your PS. Understanding what ccs really represent is sometimes nebulous as well - 60ccs is equal to 4 tablespoons, so you are right, it may not be enough.