Topic: Seattle Area Recommendation - Mastopexy

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Talk with others facing decisions about whether or not to have breast reconstruction, and if so, what type and when.

Posted on: Nov 28, 2022 03:53PM - edited Nov 28, 2022 03:54PM by teaka123

Posted on: Nov 28, 2022 03:53PM - edited Nov 28, 2022 03:54PM by teaka123

teaka123 wrote:

Two years ago had a nipple sparing / skin saving mastectomy (left breast) and am now ready to have things balanced out with a lift (right breast). Looking for recommendations for a Board certified, etc. plastic surgeon. I am partial to having a female doctor, but it is not a must. I have good insurance and can select my Dr. from UW, Swedish, Polyclinic, private practice, etc.

Only Seattle area recommendation I've really seen is for Dr. Kimberly Lu.

Any thoughts on Dr. Grace Um, Dr Rachel Lentz, Dr Shannon Colohan or Dr. Meghan Nadeau?

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Jan 19, 2023 05:50PM anniepnw wrote:

I saw Dr. Lu for my first consult and personally was 100% convinced afterward that I was going flat with an AFC. She's super knowledgeable and it shows but I wouldn't want to have surgery with her.

My second consult was with Dr. Nadeau, and it was 100% opposite. She made me start considering reconstruction again. She is super personable, easy to talk to, invites questions, and listens when you ask them. If do end up having a reconstruction, I am going back to her though that means a drive to Seattle vs going to Dr. Lu's office 10 minutes from my house.

Jan 24, 2023 07:05AM maud24 wrote:

I’m seeing William Schmidt at Virginia Mason. I really like him. I know you requested a woman PS but I highly recommend him and encourage you to at least have a consult with him.

Surgery Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Mastectomy (Right): Nipple Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander

Jan 24, 2023 08:49AM moderators wrote:

Welcome, maud24, and thank you for your recommendation. We're glad you found us, and appreciate your participation. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Best,

The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Scroll to top button