We are 225,714 members in 82 forums discussing 158,418 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Article by one of our own- veggievetsue!

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Jul 9, 2007 09:16AM

FitChik wrote:

This article appears in the current issue of 'Women & Cancer' and is written by veggievetsue! WAY TO GO, SUE!!!

http://www.womenandcancermag.com/Genes.aspx?DocumentId=39994

Marin
"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." ~Nora Ephron

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jul 9, 2007 09:32AM BMD wrote:

Great article Sue. I know you were one of the first people to contact me directly from bc.org. You helped me make decisions about my reconstruction and getting my genetic test done. Since then I have found out I am BRCA negative which I was able to share with family members. It really helped my mother out as well because she was sure she gave me bc.

We are all in God's caring hands, BrendaBMD Dx 7/14/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 9, 2007 10:07AM leaf wrote:

Thank you so much, Sue!

Classic LCIS.If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them- Isaac Asimov Dx 12/8/2005, LCIS, ER+/PR- Surgery 1/24/2006 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2006 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 9, 2007 12:24PM saluki wrote:

Thanks so much Sue! I have forwarded your article to all my family members who are suitably alarmed, after some of my recent sleuthing into family history of relatives long lost track of.

My paternal side has revealed an all pervading history of ovarian and breast cancers---not missing one relative.

A big thank you for all your work on our behalf.

Susie
Susie, member since Jan. 2003 Dx 12/12/2002, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 19, 2007 03:03PM Indigoblue wrote:

Great article!
Bump up since we all struggle with these issues in some way!

Indi
Dx 11/30/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 25, 2007 03:48PM veggievet wrote:

Dear Friends,
Thank you for your kind words! Just a heads up that AAA's magazine "Going Places" has an article about FORCE where I'm interviewed. In addition, I *think* (barring some other major story eclipsing us that there will be story about FORCE's new topless calendar of women after mastectomy in USA Today on Monday!

Warmest regards,
Sue

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)