We are 196,342 members in 81 forums discussing 144,708 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: High Risk for Breast Cancer → Topic: complex sclerosing lesion - biopsy result

Topic: complex sclerosing lesion - biopsy result

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Aug 28, 2017 03:33PM

KrisSF wrote:

I got my biopsy results back and its a complex sclerosing lesion - B9 - but they still want me to meet with a surgeon. Wanted to see if anyone has a similar experience and can shed any light or share info

many thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Aug 28, 2017 04:14PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Kris, another name for them is radial scar. They are often excised because in a very small percentage of them there is associated cancer in the area. If you use the search function you'll find lots of threads on the subject. I can't remember anyone here offhand being diagnosed with cancer when they had the excision.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Aug 28, 2017 09:15PM KrisSF wrote:

thanks i will look up on forum. I think due to size it puts it the CSL category and i understand most likely will be excised

Sep 12, 2017 10:08PM Maddie1974 wrote:

Hi KrisSF,

I received similar biopsy results as you. Did the surgeon decide to remove the lesion?

The doctor that called with my biopsy results said they would want it removed because there's a slight chance cancer can be hiding around it that the tiny biopsy sample didn't pick up. She told me to see a surgeon. I made an appt with the one I could see the soonest (maybe bad mistake). He said he won't remove it. I had a difficult time understanding due to his heavy accent, so I left the appt confused.

ATM mutation. ‪COMPLEX SCLEROSING LESION WITH SCLEROSING ADENOSIS, INTRADUCTAL ‬ ‪PAPILLOMAS AND USUAL TYPE DUCTAL EPITHELIAL HYPERPLASIA. ‬

Sep 12, 2017 10:18PM runor wrote:

I had a radial scar / sclerosing lesion. I opted to not bother with needle biopsy and went straight to surgical biopsy. Mine was cancer. But I am in the vast minority because the largest majority of these things are NOT cancer. Hold on to that hope. Not cancer.

I did not find mine through self exam. It was not able to be felt despite ending up 2.5 cms. My breast was hurting for several months, I thought it was just menopausal hormonal changes. When the pain did not let up I finally went for mammogram. An architectural distortion was the first finding, that changed to sclerosing lesion / radial scar.

Dx 3/23/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/5/2017 Whole-breast: Breast

Sep 13, 2017 07:17AM beach2beach wrote:

Hi Kris,

I had one also and because of the remote possibility of it being cancer I had it set to be removed. Unfortunately found cancer in other breast but after I had surgery the side where I had the radial scar did not have cancer.

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 4, 2017 03:55PM - edited Nov 4, 2017 03:57PM by Celia80

HI Cris,

I have been diagnosed initially with breast cancer on April, and then, just after my second lymphnode surgery and before the start of my therapies(chmoes and radiations) and the ONcotype test I wanted to have, I got my biopsy done by two other top medlabs and told me that fortunately, I will skip everything, since it was not cancer but something that was mimicking it, a complex case of sclerosing lesion. I was mentioned that they found, underneath of it, in clearing the margins, another very small lesion...

I went to hell and back to heaven since the start of this year...really breathing again in summer.

I still have pain after the last surgery on May, whihch frightens me a bit, but now its also getting humid..feel anxious after all that I have been though. I suppose it will be ok, learning this kind of sensitivity that I have, exercising and changing my way of life, doing regular check ups just to be on the safe side... I am only 36, I would not want to worry about this, just be happy.But now, after this I realise the importance of getting regular check ups.

The good news is that it is not cancer. But I think it is necessary to have to clear the lesion around just to be sure.

PLease don't get stressed, just be happy, you are on the good side of things.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)