We are 193,347 members in 81 forums discussing 143,423 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: High Risk for Breast Cancer → Topic: complex sclerosing lesion - biopsy result

Topic: complex sclerosing lesion - biopsy result

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Aug 28, 2017 06:33PM

KrisSF wrote:

I got my biopsy results back and its a complex sclerosing lesion - B9 - but they still want me to meet with a surgeon. Wanted to see if anyone has a similar experience and can shed any light or share info

many thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Aug 28, 2017 07:14PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Kris, another name for them is radial scar. They are often excised because in a very small percentage of them there is associated cancer in the area. If you use the search function you'll find lots of threads on the subject. I can't remember anyone here offhand being diagnosed with cancer when they had the excision.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Aug 29, 2017 12:15AM KrisSF wrote:

thanks i will look up on forum. I think due to size it puts it the CSL category and i understand most likely will be excised

Sep 13, 2017 01:08AM Maddie1974 wrote:

Hi KrisSF,

I received similar biopsy results as you. Did the surgeon decide to remove the lesion?

The doctor that called with my biopsy results said they would want it removed because there's a slight chance cancer can be hiding around it that the tiny biopsy sample didn't pick up. She told me to see a surgeon. I made an appt with the one I could see the soonest (maybe bad mistake). He said he won't remove it. I had a difficult time understanding due to his heavy accent, so I left the appt confused.

ATM mutation. ‪COMPLEX SCLEROSING LESION WITH SCLEROSING ADENOSIS, INTRADUCTAL ‬ ‪PAPILLOMAS AND USUAL TYPE DUCTAL EPITHELIAL HYPERPLASIA. ‬

Sep 13, 2017 01:18AM runor wrote:

I had a radial scar / sclerosing lesion. I opted to not bother with needle biopsy and went straight to surgical biopsy. Mine was cancer. But I am in the vast minority because the largest majority of these things are NOT cancer. Hold on to that hope. Not cancer.

I did not find mine through self exam. It was not able to be felt despite ending up 2.5 cms. My breast was hurting for several months, I thought it was just menopausal hormonal changes. When the pain did not let up I finally went for mammogram. An architectural distortion was the first finding, that changed to sclerosing lesion / radial scar.

Dx 3/23/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/5/2017 Whole-breast: Breast

Sep 13, 2017 10:17AM beach2beach wrote:

Hi Kris,

I had one also and because of the remote possibility of it being cancer I had it set to be removed. Unfortunately found cancer in other breast but after I had surgery the side where I had the radial scar did not have cancer.

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/7/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)