We are 223,501 members in 82 forums discussing 157,287 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Anyone have a PMB for ADH/ALH

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Jan 19, 2018 05:43AM - edited Jan 19, 2018 05:44AM by Mommyoffour

Mommyoffour wrote:

Hi

I've just scheduled a PBM for ALH. I have some other risk factors (dense breasts, many aunts both sides w BC, and have had several lumpectomies). Found the ALH during a cosmetic breast reduction. Was offered Tamixofen, started it but then several doctors and friends suggested to consider PBM. I would love to connect w women like me who don't have cancer - have this “pre-cancer" - and went the PBM route. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jan 19, 2018 07:21AM Mammabear wrote:

I had a PBMX for LCIS in April. I found the IBIS Risk Evaluator really helpful in making a decision by determining my risk taking into account factors such as the family history, dense breasts etc.. http://www.ems-trials.org/riskevaluator/software/v7/winForm/IBIS_RiskEvaluator_v7.zip

It is pretty major surgery, but I am really happy with the results of the reconstruction (nipple sparing, immediate silicon implant reonstruction). I feel like I made the right decision. However, it is a very individual thing and the reconstructed breasts are never going to feel like the real thing.

Dx 2/10/2017, LCIS, Left Surgery 4/9/2017 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Dx 4/10/2017, LCIS, Right

Mar 11, 2019 06:39PM amy11559 wrote:

Hi! I know this is an older post. I'm actually in this situation now. just wondering what you decided and how things worked out!

Mar 11, 2019 06:48PM Mommyoffour wrote:

hi! So glad you posted and it noticed me gosh I haven't thought wbout this forever. I had a nipple sparing bilateral mastectomy April 24 2018 and am thrilled. No worries. It's over. Best choice for me and my family. You have to follow your own path but I was so happy with mine! Feel and looos great my nodes were all negative surgery did stink but it was just a few hard months and then it's OVER

Mar 11, 2019 10:49PM amy11559 wrote:

thats Wonderfull I hope to have the same results! Thank you for replying!

Mar 12, 2019 09:00AM CasM wrote:

All,

How did you approach your insurance with a PBM?

ALH diagnosis Oct 2018

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)