We are 223,501 members in 82 forums discussing 157,287 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Atypical ductal hyperplasia

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Jun 26, 2018 03:30PM

Ars wrote:

hyperplasia. I'm almost 46 Started Tamoxifen in April. In late May I started developing hot flashes and night sweats. Also restless leg symptoms worsened. I'm waking 5 times a night. It's awful.

My doctor had me stop the prescription for 3-4 weeks. I've been off it for four days and I'm already seeing improvements in the hot flashes, at least.

They'll probably start me back on it and add Effexor. Has anyone else experienced this?

I work full time with children and have three kids. There's no way I can continue waking this many times a night.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Mar 18, 2019 01:57AM Lady_EverChanged wrote:

Hi Ars,

I was just diagnosed with ADH Jan. 25th, 2019. My doctor referred me to the Breast Center, and the doctor ordered vacuum assisted stereotactic biopsy after my mammogram & MRI resulted in BIRADS 4A-B. A few days after the biopsy results came back, I was referred to suggested a surgical biopsy. It's been a week, and I find out the results tomorrow.

I also work full time and have 3 children. Just curious why Tamoxifine? I'm new at this whole "high risk of BC".

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Mar 18, 2019 05:52AM Ingerp wrote:

Tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor stop the production of estrogen in your body. They are an important part of prevention of recurrence for estrogen receptor positive tumors. I don't believe they're prescribed for ALH or ADH. Lady-EverChanged note that this post was from last June.

Dx 3/11/2016, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 3/23/2016 Lumpectomy Surgery 4/20/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 5/18/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 3/2/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 3/13/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 5/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/18/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/20/2018 Whole-breast: Breast

Mar 18, 2019 08:26AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Ingerp, they ARE prescribed for preventative purposes for some high-risk women diagnosed with atypia/neoplasia - ADH, ALH or LCIS.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)