We are 215,485 members in 81 forums discussing 153,254 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Free BRCA testing for people of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Sep 13, 2018 08:29AM

Moderators wrote:

The BRCA Founder Outreach Study (BFOR) offers BRCA genetic testing at no cost to women and men of Ashkenazi (Eastern European) Jewish ancestry over the age of 25 in four cities: New York, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Boston.

Headed by the Basser Center's Susan Domchek, MD, and Katherine Nathanson, MD, BFOR has the potential to save the lives of those who are at high-risk for carrying a BRCA mutation and who have not been previously identified.

To learn more and enroll click here: BFORstudy.com

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Oct 8, 2018 03:24PM BadLuck wrote:

I recently had a rare form of breast cancer called Mucinous Carcinoma.

Although I haven't had a BRCA test my oncologist said because of my maternal aunt having metestatic cancers, I have the mutated BRCA gene. Other than my maternal aunt having cancer, my maternal grandmother had uterine cancer.

My Radiologist told me that I didn't have the mutated BRCA gene because my mom never had cancer.

Does anyone know who I should believe?? Any information? Am I at high risk for getting cancer again?

BadLuck

Oct 8, 2018 03:26PM BadLuck wrote:

I recently had a rare form of breast cancer called Mucinous Carcinoma.

Although I haven't had a BRCA test my oncologist said because of my maternal aunt having metestatic cancers, I have the mutated BRCA gene. Other than my maternal aunt having cancer, my maternal grandmother had uterine cancer.

My Radiologist told me that I didn't have the mutated BRCA gene because my mom never had cancer.

Does anyone know who I should believe?? Any information? Am I at high risk for getting cancer again?

BadLuck

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)