We are 215,485 members in 81 forums discussing 153,254 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Red spot... when to worry, when to wait?

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Nov 14, 2018 03:47AM

ne0n wrote:

I'm mostly looking for insight here. This year has been so challenging, I appreciate how kind and helpful everyone on these boards has been.

I was checking my breasts today and I noticed a little red pimple on one. I didn't panic, because I figured it might just be what it looked like (had a little 'head' in the middle, looked like a hair follicle similar to surrounding ones). And then on my other breast, I found a little pinkish red patch, with no characteristics like a pimple. I'm trying not to panic, because I know that MOST skin things aren't indicative of IBC... but my mind is getting the better of me and I keep checking it. It hasn't gotten lighter yet, but I don't know if it's gotten darker, either. I think it's gotten slightly bigger, but it doesn't have a clearly defined edge or anything, it looks more like it might have spread out (which could be healing but I can't tell). It's slightly raised, but so slightly that it can't be seen it just has a slightly different texture than the skin around it, no lumpiness underneath. It's about the size of a pencil eraser. It doesn't really itch, though I did compulsively check it a few times today and put antibacterial cream on it.

I know that waiting a day or two is probably best regardless, but it's hard to sit still because I have nagging anxiety about it. What would some good advice for this be? What symptoms should I immediately take action on?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Nov 14, 2018 03:51AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Would you be worried if the pimple and pink patch were on your arms instead of on your breasts?

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Nov 18, 2018 12:07AM ne0n wrote:

I suppose not. I still seem to be getting monthly symptoms after a diagnosis of fibrocystic breast... I have heat (one breast is hot to the touch), and NOBODY seems to have answers. Pink patches, pain, lumpiness, and heat all are ambiguous enough that no doctor seems to care, but they cause me great distress. These symptoms only started after having a biopsy. I have another few weeks until a follow up ultrasound. I'm not sure how to cope with this every month, it's horrifying and scary...

Dec 8, 2018 03:47PM 2Boys3Dogs wrote:

Hi Ne0n!

I am sorry you are dealing with this. It can be so scary to not know what it going on with our bodies after all that you have been through.

I had this happen to me around last October where two red pimple like spots popped up and didn't seem to disappear. I kept monitoring them for a few weeks. The waiting got the best of me so finally I headed into the dr. They measured me and took tons of photos with the rulers out. They had me return after 2 weeks for more measurements (and another place had popped up in the interim). The places had gotten a tiny bit bigger so I was sent immediately for punch biopsies of all the spots that day. Long story short - it was NOTHING. It looked alarming and even my onco played it safe by testing everything in fairly short order. He wanted some answers quickly and to give me peace of mind. If it is really concerning you, consider having it checked out if it is not improving or if it is getting worse - esp if you have good insurance. Sometimes you have to be you own advocate. And don't apologize if it turns out to be nothing - just be grateful!

Gentle hug to you. I hope this has resolved itself already!

Dx 10/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/28/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)