We are 215,349 members in 81 forums discussing 153,209 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: At risk for breast cancer because of biopsy

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Dec 21, 2018 01:34AM

letrongthuytrang wrote:

Hello all

Im 23 years old. 2 months ago my physician did the FNA on my left breast since the image on ultrasound suggesting a Papilloma. She told me at the time of the ultrasound it does not have any sign of maglinancy but she needs FNA to know if its A Papilloma

The FNA came back negative for maglinancyand atypia, and that it does not suggest a papilloma. I was over the moon but now I started to learn from the breast ultrasound report that i am at risk for cancer. I dont have family histort of bc and i read on google that having a biopsy makes me at risk ? Can you experienced ladies help me work this out? Thank you so much!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Dec 21, 2018 01:54AM MCBaker wrote:

Fifty years ago I had an excisional biopsy on my right breast. I breast-fed my babies for a total of five years. I suspect there is a relationship, but that is with an excisional biopsy back in the dark ages, before mammogram and ultrasound.

Mary Dx 10/3/2018, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Dx 11/16/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 11/16/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Targeted Therapy 12/19/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/19/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Dec 21, 2018 04:34AM MelissaDallas wrote:

What specifically from the ultrasound makes you think you are at risk for cancer

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Dec 21, 2018 05:11AM DATNY wrote:

In general having a biopsy means either dense breasts or a tendency to develop things in breast. Both increases the risk for breast cancer. One should not keep worrying, other ladies here had no prior biopsy whatsoever, and still ended up having breast cancer found at the first screening mammogram. If anything, use this event to your advantage and make sure you have a good surveillance of your breast. Many young women do not, because, well, they are young.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)