We are 224,899 members in 82 forums discussing 157,995 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Xeno hormones

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Feb 12, 2019 02:23PM

Karmic108 wrote:

Is there any test to know if you have xeno estrogen and progesterones

Dx 12/31/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/1/2019 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/25/2019 Multi-catheter: Breast

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Feb 12, 2019 04:09PM MelissaDallas wrote:

I’m not sure I understand what you are asking

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Feb 12, 2019 07:05PM Karmic108 wrote:

Xenoestrogens are a type of xenohormone that imitates estrogen. They can be either synthetic or natural chemical compounds.

Am wondering if there is any test to find out if we have this

Dx 12/31/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/1/2019 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/25/2019 Multi-catheter: Breast

Feb 13, 2019 05:53AM momoschki wrote:

Here’s an article I found that addresses the issue:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5047766/

ADH dx 3/11 Surgery 3/11/2011 Lumpectomy: Left

Feb 14, 2019 06:30AM CasM wrote:

I am not sure there is a test but there are things that you can do to mitigate your xenoestrogen exposures. You may want to read the "The metabolic approach to cancer" by Dr. Nasha Winters, she gives a list of xenoestrogens/toxic exposures etc. i.e. dryer sheets, air fresheners, scented candles, any artificial scented products, parabens, plastic water bottles, and on and on.... I have really become aware of my exposures and have removed ALOT of things for prevention... The book is really good and gives a person alot of insight. I was diagnosed with ALH in Oct and am on the prevention route now.... with multiple lifestyle changes.

Have you heard of the DUTCH test? It shows levels of estrogens, progesterone, testosterone etc. and also how you metabolize estrogen etc. It isn't paid for by insurance but I have seen a promo code "over40" to save $50 for the test and you can find it at dutchtest.com or you can order from Direct Labs. If you do a search on podcasts for Dutch test or Carrie Jones, you can find info in regards to the test. For example, I have a hysterectomy and have to do ovulation urine tests for 60 days to see if I ovulate. Because for accuracy you need to do it in an ovulation cycle if you are not menopausal.

ALH diagnosis Oct 2018

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)