We are 223,501 members in 82 forums discussing 157,287 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: DIM

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Feb 27, 2019 12:57PM

belle_vie wrote:

Hello!

I'm new to this board, even though I've been checking in a reading everyday for almost a year. I had a scare last summer, and despite the fact that my pathology results were negative, I discovered that I am at higher risk. You ladies have been a tremendous help to me so far :)

I see many of you take DIM, but I've read conflicting information about it. Can anyone share your dosage and how often you take it? Also, have your MOs shared any opinions about it, positively or negatively?

I'm having a hard time getting any straight answers from my doctors about supplements.

Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Feb 28, 2019 07:00AM dtad wrote:

Hi there. To start you will be hard pressed to find a conventional doc that will encourage the use of DIM. Ive been taking it for 4 years in leu of an aromatase inhibitor. I take something called Breast Defend and I take 2 capsules/day. My advise would be to see a naturopathic doctor if you are interested in it. Good luck and keep us posted. BTW I've been NED for 4 years.

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)