We are 220,518 members in 81 forums discussing 155,810 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: High risk Papilloma

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: May 24, 2019 07:02PM

Sam183 wrote:

Would anyone know what exactly makes a Papilloma “High Risk?” Results: High risk benign Papilloma. Just curious as to what exactly makes it “High risk” and not just a normal Papilloma. My pathology report doesn’t specify.

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

May 24, 2019 08:07PM Ja9831 wrote:

Hi, I had an intraductal papilloma and was told although right now it is benign it can turn into cancer later. Also It can grow and it might go away, and sometimes when removed it could come back. They don’t know when it will turn so it must come out. I had mine removed in April. In my case with the removal they found LCIS. Did they tell you what type of papilloma is was

Dx 4/8/2019, LCIS, Left

May 24, 2019 08:11PM - edited May 24, 2019 08:11PM by Sam183

no they didn't. The report just says “high risk benign Papilloma" also says “benign breast parenchyma with dilated lactiferous benign duct with features suggesting evolving papillary lesion, favoring Papilloma" A Subareolar ductal resection is recommended. I can NOT seem to find any information or video on a “subareolar ductal resection". I want to know what to expect...etc lmao

May 24, 2019 08:48PM Murfy wrote:

The solitary ductal papilloma (vs multiple papilloma) is the type most commonly associated with malignancy and, therefore, is considered high risk and resection is usually indicated. This is what I had and a DCIS lesion and an IDC were found within the papilloma after I had my mastectomy, which I chose because my IDC was particularly aggressive. Only a small percentage of papillomas contain cancer. As the solitary papilloma is usually located just under the nipple, the subareolar ductal resection describes the location of the 'lumpectomy'.

Dx at 62: Oncotype=52; Path (ER=99%, PR=0%, Ki67=55%) Dx 10/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/13/2017 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/12/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/30/2018 Aromasin (exemestane)

May 24, 2019 09:11PM Sam183 wrote:

okay thank you

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)