Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Tests

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Sep 29, 2020 12:22PM

Tuc wrote:

Diagnostic mammogram with possible u/s in couple weeks. Hope for answers.

Page 1 of 3 (68 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (68 total)

Sep 29, 2020 12:24PM Tuc wrote:

having diagnostic mammogram with possible U/S in couple weeks. Hope to get answers.

Sep 29, 2020 02:24PM Beesie wrote:

Answers to what? What's the reason for the callback?

Sometimes everything is cleared up with the diagnostic mammo and ultrasound, and other times the process continues with a biopsy.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Sep 29, 2020 05:58PM MinusTwo wrote:

As Beesie says, call backs for diagnostic mammo & ULS are very common. I was called back every time I had a mammo for almost 40 years before BC appeared.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Oct 1, 2020 11:11AM Tuc wrote:

Hi,

Been having screening mammograms and some with Ultrasound since in 40's. Last couple yrs been having some diagnostic (differing imaging centers). Last diagnosis. Mam. And U/S--- saw something concern-- wanted to biopsy (w/in past year.) I wanted to watch/wait. I was told a few yrs ago that I have dense breast tiss., Fibroadenoma, microcalci.,hyperecho.,(stated on reports--2 image centers.) Since last imaging-- I have more indentations, nipple retraction, some tingling and soreness, and discharge. Also a hard,enlarged parotid gland, along with some other things. I am 58 yrs old. Cancer is part of family history. Also have been feeling very unwell for long time. Been tested for infections, diabetes, heart disease, liver--- got complete blood count done in August.

Hope I cleared some things up.

Thanks,😊.

Oct 1, 2020 11:16AM Tuc wrote:

Also complete blood count came back with in normal ranges. Dr. Even said my cholesterol is good. I have not had a cancer diagnosis ever. Hope I don't.

Thanks😊.

Oct 1, 2020 11:32AM Tuc wrote:

Hi again😁,

I am scheduled for a diagnostic mammogram and possibly an U/S-- middle of OCT. I will update if/when I get any answers.

Thanks Ladies 😊.

Oct 13, 2020 05:53PM Tuc wrote:

hi,

Went to women's diagnostic center for appmts. Supposed to have diagnostic mammogram with possible U/S. Tech took me back to room with mammogram machine. Asked me questions. Told her about diagnostic mammogram and U/S at another facility where Dr told me he thought he saw something of concern and wanted to biopsy. But I said no-- watch,wait. Tech at this facility went and talked to Dr. They postponed till they get films from other place, and then will bring me back.

Thanks,

Tuc.

Oct 13, 2020 06:05PM AliceBastable wrote:

I don't understand why you'd refuse a biopsy but then go somewhere else for the same tests you've already had. Am I missing something?

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Boring. Dx 5/2018, ILC/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 14, 2020 10:22AM Tuc wrote:

Hi,

Going through bestchancenetwork. They sent me to one place last yr. Then this place this yr. I should of had biopsy, but I didn't at the time.

Whatever happens next, I will follow medical advice-- for sure.

Thanks.

Oct 21, 2020 06:52PM Tuc wrote:

Hi,

Both imaging centers have gotten my images and reports consolidated. I am rescheduled to have the diagnostic mammogram and possibly an u/s, biopsy. Especially concerning spontaneous discharge, dimpling/ indentation and new lump under nipple. There have been more changes since last mammogram. I understand that cancer can be missed for years. I pray that whatever-- this turns out to be-- benign or otherwise-- I won't have to wait years for the right answers. I have been feeling unwell for along g time. On another not-- I'm also to be getting a colonoscopy because there are new developments on this front too.

Thanks.

Tuc

Oct 27, 2020 10:50AM Tuc wrote:

Hi,

Diagnostic mammogram and possible U/S scheduled for early next week.

Will post after answers come.

Hoping for right answers soon. And of course for good news.

Thanks

Tuc

Oct 27, 2020 12:53PM AliceBastable wrote:

Good luck and i hope everything is benign.

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Boring. Dx 5/2018, ILC/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 27, 2020 05:27PM Tuc wrote:

Thanks Alice B.

😊.

Oct 29, 2020 08:35PM Tuc wrote:

Hi again 😁,

As I said previously, I'm due to have diagnostic mammogram and possibly an U/S. The appointment is Nov 3.(yep-- Election day) at least I won't forget. And the tech told me(during reschedule -- that they would do the mammogram, then U/S if needed, and then biopsy if needed-- all on this date. ) I do appreciate it. I think it's going to be needed. The nipple has beenchanging, along with aerola and the nipple is so much more sore. Also it is seemingly started to look split. I am seeing my new primary the day before about a rash-- in another part of body that won't respond to meds. Also I am getting info for a fit test for a colonoscopy. I say this-- sorry if I have repeated myself-- but feeling so unwell for so long--GOD help-- please--right answers --soon.

I also hope that the compassion that I have seen members here share will still extend to me. I started on this sight awhile back as tinydaisey7, then 999, then coolrunnings. Yes I was a hot mess, super emotional and very needy. But I hope that you courageous, caring, patient Ladies will never turn anyone away-- who is very seriously looking for support. I Appreciate you all very much-- I hope and pray for you all.

Thanks,

Tuc,

AKA: tinydaisey7, 999, coolrunnings.

Oct 30, 2020 03:30AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Tuc, why do you keep opening new accounts instead of continuing with your old one? VERY confusing to those of us trying to help you, and information previously provided is pertinent to what we would suggest

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Oct 30, 2020 07:19PM Tuc wrote:

Hi Melissa,

😁 I felt very foolish when I looked back at those other accounts' postings. I was way too emotional, needy and freaked out. Yes, I need to stay under Tuc from here on --til I get answers that resolve my breast health concerns. Again--- thanks to all of you dear people for your time,responses, and patience. I have read many posts on this site since early 2018. I think about you all Alot.

😊. Tuc

Oct 30, 2020 08:49PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Tuc, you can always delete individual posts without deleting your whole account

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Oct 31, 2020 08:33AM Tuc wrote:

Hi Melissa D,😊

Thanks, I replied to a message from the Moderators regarding this. I think we got things straight--yah!

Tuc

😊.

Nov 2, 2020 08:59AM Tuc wrote:

Hello😊,

Earlier this morning- 2 hrs. B4 confirm appointment--with new primary ( because old primary said they didn't have capability to help with new health development-Good Samaritan) Got a call from this new primary doctor--- asked me if I had mammogram yet(uuuggghhh😶) no(told them this a couple weeks ago too😶). They said call them after to reschedule primary appmt--(had already told primary bout postponed mammogram 😑. Tomorrow supposed to have appointment with diagnostic center-- and told primary this a couple weeks ago😐. Silent SCREAM-- ya'll.

Nov 2, 2020 09:06AM Tuc wrote:

And I really needed to see primary today about rash( that won't heal). Frustrations.

Nov 3, 2020 02:03PM Tuc wrote:

Hi,

Had mammogram and ultrasound today. Dr said he didn't see anything on imaging. Because of discharge he thinks I should have an MRI and possibly meet with a breast surgeon. After he left the tech said I would be getting report in mail and it would say suspicious-- but don't freak out. I won't. I will keep trying to get right answers-- it's a process-- something is wrong-- with my body. There's a reason I have been feeling very unwell for quite awhile.

Thanks for everything.

Tuc

Nov 3, 2020 03:55PM Beesie wrote:

Well, the good news is that your concerns are being taken seriously and you are getting more testing to figure out what's going on. Hope your MRI can be scheduled quickly.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Nov 3, 2020 05:26PM Tuc wrote:

Thank you so much Ms Beesie 😊.

You may not realize this-- but your patient and "come back down to earth" not diagnosed but worried lurkers and new members REALLY appreciate everything you do. Thanks for responding.

🤗 Tuc.

Nov 4, 2020 05:52AM Beesie wrote:

Thanks, Tuc!

Nov 4, 2020 12:02PM Tuc wrote:

Hi😊,

Wanted to keep updating. I am scheduled to see my primary on Dec. 31, to go over all concerns.

THANKS

Tuc😊.

Nov 5, 2020 01:01PM - edited Nov 5, 2020 01:01PM by Tuc

H.

Nov 5, 2020 02:06PM Tuc wrote:

Hi,

Been thinking bout what I saw on my diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. Spider web and slender narrow lines( all in white).

Tuc

Nov 5, 2020 02:14PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Why are you thinking about that? The docto told you he didn’t see anything concerning, but is sending you for the MRI. Radiologists study for many years to be able to interpret what they see on imaging.

Nov 5, 2020 05:40PM MinusTwo wrote:

Tuc - that's what mammograms look like. Except in the "old days" when they were like from a Xerox on shiny paper and the line were blue. As Melissa says, go on with ANYTHING else that can distract your mind until your MRI.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Nov 6, 2020 01:27PM Tuc wrote:

Thanks Ladies😊.

Page 1 of 3 (68 results)