Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Assessment result-

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Oct 4, 2020 01:54PM - edited Nov 19, 2020 02:39PM by

Deleted Member wrote:

This Post was deleted by Onthinice1.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Oct 4, 2020 03:13PM Beesie wrote:

Onthinice,

Here's a link to your previous thread:

Topic: How to be preapproved for prophylactic breast surgery

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/47/topics/877679

So that I and others don't need to rewrite what we've already posted to you on these same topics, how about if you copy and paste your post from here into your previous thread, and then delete this thread? You were already well into these topics (in two previous threads, in fact, so there has already been repetition) and it doesn't make sense to start from scratch again. Your post here is out of context, and the context (everything you explained in your posts in the other two threads) is necessary to understand to reply meaningfully to your questions.Thanks!

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Oct 4, 2020 04:49PM WC3 wrote:

Onthinice1:

Tamoxifen can actually have estrogenic effects in certain parts of the body and can slow bone density loss in post menopausal women.

I've not heard of gastrointestinal side effects from it.

Pathologic complete response (pCR) to chemotherapy. Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 5/31/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/14/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Oct 4, 2020 04:56PM Beesie wrote:

I provided a link to your other thread.

People want to offer advice and help, but none of us like having to repost the same thing over and over. That's why most of the regulars who respond in the "Not Diagnosed" forums ask posters to please stick with one thread.

Copy and paste works here the same as it does anywhere else. Highlight a word in your first post, click on "Select All", click on "Copy" and then go to the other thread and "Paste" it into a new post there. I could do that, but then the post would be under my name and not your name. But I can do that for you, saying that it's an update from you, and then the thread can carry on from there.

Having different answers to the same questions spread over different threads isn't helpful to you and isn't helpful to those answering.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Oct 4, 2020 07:56PM MinusTwo wrote:

Onthenice - no need to stop posting. Just stop creating new different threads. Stick with your original thread & ask questions there.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)