Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: 5 mg Tamoxifen

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Dec 8, 2020 10:02PM

RWeston wrote:

Hi!

Can people please share their experience of going on 5 mg Tamoxifen? What were the side effects like for you?

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Dec 9, 2020 03:08AM LivinLife wrote:

Hi RWeston! I just happened to see you have not received a response yet. I actually chose not to go on hormone therapy due to low ER+% (2%). Just wanted to check in here though. I'm hoping you will get some responses before long... You could also try the search box. I know I've read some related posts just in my several months on breastcancer.org.

Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/30/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Dec 9, 2020 05:31AM Moderators wrote:

RWeston, welcome to the Breastcancer.org Discussion Boards!

Maybe it would help your chances of getting more responses if you tell us a bit about yourself. This community is a space where you can get great support, information and you will feel safe to tell your story with breast cancer. Besides posting here, there is a popular thread under the Hormonal Therapy forum called Bottle 'o Tamoxifen where you can jump in and say "hi", and ask your question too.

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Dec 9, 2020 06:22AM MelissaDallas wrote:

This is the “High Risk” forum, so it would seem she is asking about low dose Tamoxifen as prophylactic therapy, not as post-cancer treatment, so “Bottle ‘o Tamoxifen” participants likely have very different concerns than hers, and are also unlikely to have been prescribed 5mg.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Dec 9, 2020 07:25AM Beesie wrote:

RWeston, since you are posting in the High Risk forum, I'm assuming you have a high risk condition? If you share information about whatever diagnosis you have and why you are on (or are considering) 5mg Tamoxifen, it would be helpful to those responding.

Here are a couple of discussion threads that include some discussion of 5mg Tamoxifen from a preventative standoint:

Topic: How many have doctors who only gave them 5mg of tamoxifen https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/78/topics...

Topic: Tamoxifen for prevention? https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/47/topics...

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)