Topic: Tamoxifen for Severe ADH

Forum: High Risk for Breast Cancer — Due to family history, genetics, or other factors.

Posted on: Feb 28, 2022 11:09AM - edited Feb 28, 2022 11:11AM by staugiegirl

Posted on: Feb 28, 2022 11:09AM - edited Feb 28, 2022 11:11AM by staugiegirl

staugiegirl wrote:

I was diagnosed with severe ADH/borderline DCIS in January. I had the most worrisome lesion removed, but have diffuse microcalcifications throughout my left breast. My BS and oncologist (at highly esteemed Boston center) are both advocating for full 20mg dose of tamoxifen for 5 years. They and the studies say it reduces my 20 year risk by 86% percent… but not the overall mortality. I asked about low dose, but my oncologist thinks it may work short term, but doubts long term prevention. (I’m 46 and pre-menopausal.) Do a lot of people opt to take it? Is it worth it? I'm just very confused by the conflicting data.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Feb 28, 2022 03:35PM moderators wrote:

Dear Staugiegirl,

We are sorry for what brings you here and glad that you reached out to our members for their shared experiences. We hope that others will be by soon to offer their thoughts. Here are some other ideas for connecting to others in the meantime. Here is another topic in the High Risk forum that also is about ADH. While the topic may not be current you can reach out to the poster via pm if that might be a help to you. Here is a link to information on our main site about ADH. You can also use the search function in the tool bar and search for ADH and find other members with whom to correspond. We hope others will chime in soon but while you wait you can check out these ideas.

The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Scroll to top button