Topic: 5 days post op

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Apr 15, 2007 08:51AM

Posted on: Apr 15, 2007 08:51AM

kimvidito wrote:

Hi everyone
I am 5 days post op lumpectomy and 1 lymph node removed. I feel good today. I do not need the codeine anymore and I can move my arm a little. I went for a walk yesterday with my son although it was short. I still feel a little dizzy at times. My husband had to work last night and I woke up around 5:00 am with I think was a panick attack. I was sort of hyperventilating. I used relaxation tech and I fell a asleep. My daughter has the flu and I am feeling a little under the weather too. I feel better from surgery but crappy from something else. Did anyone out there have anxiety attacks? I still can't believe I have cancer. Everything went so fast that I really did not have time to think about it. (surgery 1 week after biopsy) I guess I have to grieve a little now that everyone is gone home.
Take care everyone
Kim
Kim Metaplastic carcinoma, stage 2 , 2cm tumor, grade 3 triple neg Dx 4/11/2007, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 2 of 2 (13 results)

Apr 23, 2007 05:12PM honeygirl wrote:

Sorry Wallcat , I thought your post was 4/23. My mistake. I just wish you didn't have to wait so long for your results. I think my panic attacks are because of feeling "out of control" of my life as I know it and not being able to return to it the way it was. So maybe if there is some routine thing that you can still do even though you are going through this , it would help to keep to a routine as much as possible.
"Dear Lord , please grant Wallycat a favorable pathology tomorrow. Carry her though this trying time. Calm her heart and ease her fears. In Jesus Name. Amen". I will continue to pray for you.
Dx 2/20/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 23, 2007 07:23PM ripplesdf wrote:

Wallycat hang in there. I'll be saying lots of prayers in a few minutes when I turn in. I'm still waiting for them to schedule my excisional biop. I can't wait to be past that part, but I know I will be stressing like you. I hope everything is B9 for you. This waiting is awful isn't it. Where's the remote so we can fast forward this part?!!LOL!! I had panic attacks over 10 yrs ago, but later found out it wasn't panic attacks but a type of taccycardia(SP) which I had to have a catheterization to correct it where they "zapped" the nerve in the heart that was causing it. Haven't had any since, but now I'm beginning to get little flutters now and then and am wondering if it's anxiety and stress or the old problem resurfacing which I was told it happens sometimes. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Hopefully you can get some relief from the doc. Praying for you. Keepin' the faith...Dawn

Apr 24, 2007 04:46PM Ka-Loni wrote:

Hi Kim, You know, I was scared too. It is a normal emotion which is fear we go through. Everyone is different with chemo. And, losing your hair, you mean being bald? I had to adjust a little to it. But, you know it is you. And, it is really beautiful and sexy. My hubby loved me bald. I never wore a wig. I would wear some hankerchiefs or turbons. I have about 1 inch and a half of hair all over now, and I use the dipitty-dew to make my hairstyles. You will be fine. Just think you will have less to clean. Yes, you soon will be going through your treatment and you will get through it. My prayers are there for you and your son today and always sweety. keep us informed. Take Care.

Good Luck,
God Bless,
Kaloni
Dx 3/31/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 2 of 2 (13 results)

Scroll to top button