Topic: going for surgery in the morning

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Apr 26, 2007 01:07AM

Posted on: Apr 26, 2007 01:07AM

idohair wrote:

im starting to panick now, i have surgery tommrow morning for my double mastectomy, my baby has been nursing like crazy, and i will only get to nurse her one more time before she goes to stay at my dads for the whole weekend.....
im a basket case, i have to come hide out with the laptop in the bedroom before i kill someone, ill just stay here till its time to go drop the kids off........im going to try and treat myself to a kit kat blizzard tonight too, a little junk to hold me over..........
send me some good vibes...........im going nuts here Log in to post a reply

Page 2 of 2 (16 results)

Apr 26, 2007 07:04PM Madison wrote:

Sending you hugs. Please let us hear from you when you are able to post again.

Madison

Apr 26, 2007 07:42PM tarap3 wrote:

Sandra,
I am so sorry that you are having to go through this and also give up nursing your sweet baby. I pray that your surgery goes smoothly and that your recovery is sweet. You are doing such a wonderful thing for your family and yourself.
Best wishes,
Tara
IDC/ILC dx 1/19/07 bilat M 2/20 and started 4 cycles of chemo and half way done.
You can do this!!

Apr 26, 2007 08:26PM LiveForToday wrote:

Sandra, so sorry you are having to go thru this drastic surgery and to have to abruptly stop the nursing but babies are so resilient. Better to have you around for a long time.....Let us know how you are doing...

huggs, Sherry

--------------

I will stand my ground....and I won't back down
I will stand my ground...and I won't back down

Apr 26, 2007 08:42PM MichelleW50 wrote:

Sandra,
I am so sorry you have to go through this situation. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. My prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like you have a supportive family and friends. When I had my mastectomy, after I started to heal, I found that humor was such a good release. I watched a lot of funny movies because it made me laugh, which I desperately needed. When I started to think about my situation I could bring myself down in a flash of a second and humor helped keep my mind busy. I even knitted and watched TV. It was hard to cry or feel sorry for myself when my eyes and hands were busy.
I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers to you.
Please keep us posted. There is so much support here.
Michelle W

Apr 27, 2007 01:27AM ripplesdf wrote:

Sandra I'm having a hard time reading your post. Like all mom's that have nursed their sweet little ones, it is such a special time that is hard to give up . It was hard for me to wean them. Like someone said it's harder on us than it is them. Please know that my prayers are with you and your family and friends. Sounds like they are all a very precious bunch to help you thru this. Just know there are always lots of us who care and are here anytime you need us. You will be thought of all day tomorrow. God bless and only the sweetest of dreams to you. May God and your guardian angels surround you with their healing light.
Keepin' the faith...Dawn

Apr 27, 2007 04:53AM peachy49 wrote:

I am sorry your going thru this also. When your young w/young children, it has to be especially hard. Being 50 and meAN-O-Pausal at least gives you a sense of having reached some sort of milestone. I didnt get to nurse my baby all those yrs ago, I couldnt, but have heard its rewarding. Just keep in mind that your children NEED you and thats what your fighting for. Losing breasts is hard, but knowing that your children are waiting for you will give you that strength.. I'll keep you close in thoughts and prayers. God Bless you.

¤PeachyMarie§¤ "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." Mother Teresa Dx 8/31/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 2 of 2 (16 results)

Scroll to top button