Topic: Just diagnosed - Stage 2

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Oct 23, 2012 04:30PM

Posted on: Oct 23, 2012 04:30PM

zzaf wrote:

My friend's Mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer, his Mom is very terrified and scared. I want to help her but I don't speak Russian. Does anybody know any Russian speaking support group she can join? Either online or somewhere around the Chicago area? 

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Oct 23, 2012 04:35PM lago wrote:

zzaf have someone call the American Cancer Society. They have people that can speak all lauguages.

I don't speak Russian but I am in Chicago on the northside. If your friend can translate I would love to help out. Just PM me.

The ACS free 24 hour number is: 800-ACS-2345

BTW I was terrified too when I was diagnosed over 2 years ago. I'm stage IIB and doing just fine.

DONE!! goo.gl/IoaN6U • Tattoos 2.7.2012 • Nipples 10.6.2011 • Exchange 6.24.2011 • Chemo 1.18. 2011 • BMX 8.31.2010 Dx 7/13/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 23, 2012 05:36PM jancie wrote:

Sorry I don't speak Russian but wanted to let you know like Lago I was also diagnosed Stage II and three years out and I am also doing just fine.  I remember being scared when I was first diagnosed.  It is very  common to have these emotions.  One minute I wanted to cry, next thing I knew I was screaming out in anger, and then I would go through a "numb" stage.  My emotions were all over the place and would swing back and forth within 30 minutes at times.

Just be there for support - that is the most important thing you can do.

Never Alone - My TaTa Sisters are always with me! Dx 12/30/2008, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 24, 2012 01:05AM dlb823 wrote:

zzaf ~ Just a thought for you ... You might also want to start another thread here, putting Russian speaking in the title.  In addition to looking for a Chicago-area support group, there's a possibility one or more bc.org members could connect with her to translate for her, either on this site or privately.  But putting "Russian speaking" right in the title might be helpful in finding those contacts.

It's great that you're reaching out to help your friend and his Mom.  Good luck to you all!   Deanna

Deanna "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Scroll to top button