Hi All -
I've been lurking for a few weeks, so let me introduce myself a bit.
Been a Lyme Disease/Chronic Pain/Chronic Fatigue/Chronic Illness Spoonie Warrior since 1993. So I'm not new to the world of the medicine, been in and out of clinics, studies, protocols, and what-have-you's since I was a teenager.
And unfortunately I'm not new to the world of cancer in general.
Lost my brother to Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma years ago. My Dad fought Prostate Cancer, my other brother Thyroid Cancer, my sister Cervical AND Thyroid Cancer, and my Mom battled Breast Cancer too. So I know a "bit" about supporting and being there from the other side, but wow, I'm new to being the patient facing Cancer.
Went in for my very first Mammo on July 10th. Called back for additional images and US.
Assessment: BI-RAD 5.
Had a Core Biopsy on the 18th.
Diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma on 7/20/18.
Pathology report is mostly in...can I tell you I hate waiting???! Le Sigh.
4.25 cm Mass in Left Breast (UOQ 2:00)
Nottingham II of III Score: 6 of 9
T2 G2 (as far as I have been told)
ER+ PR + HER2 (pending)
Breast MRI (pending - should have results tomorrow after...fingers crossed no other masses found)
BRCA (appt upcoming)
It's been a whirlwind. Whoooosa.
Met my Oncology Surgeon today. Basic plan so far is looking to be a Lumpectomy, followed by at least 6 weeks Rad, 1 year Chemo, and 5-10 years (10 strongly suggested) of Endocrine Therapy (Likely Tamox).
This could all change tomorrow or during the Lump depending on Nodes and so forth, as far as I understand. Then a Mastectomy is more than likely and if BRCA + maybe Double.
There is talk of a Mammo Print (no clue what that is) and Oncotype (spelling?) if HER2 comes back neg .
Not sure why there would be more testing if it's negative , can someone illuminate?
I was in a haze at that point during my appt. I'm sure you all can relate.
Anyway, that's the gist of what's going on the moment. Am scheduled with follow-ups to do the "meet/greet Q&A" dance with Plastic Surgery, Genetic Counseling, Radiology/Oncology, an Oncology Social Worker (as if all this wasn't enough I've also just moved LAST WEEK to a different state and now have to transfer over state Medicaid in the midst of this tornado), followed by a Pre-Op appt with my new Primary --- all in the next 14 days. Reasoning was given in order to facilitate a plan of action if nothing changes in regards to current test results and to formulate a plan B to minimize waiting if changes are afoot.
Consider me a candidate for whiplash!
Is it normal to have everything moving so speedily?
With my Chronic Conditions/Immune Abnormalities/Chronic Late Stage Lyme Disease I'm not used to this speed of treatment. It's kind of alarming and yet comforting that someone cares and is helping me traverse the maze, one I'm used to finding my way through all on my own, in the dark, stubbing my toes the whole way.
Also, does anyone else have experience coming into the Breast Cancer world with a number of other diagnosises and chronic conditions?
I'm super concerned about how Radiation/Surgery/Possible Implants/Chemo/Hormones will affect my already fragile health. Have been disabled due to multi-systemic pain/fatigue/symptoms (yet able to live on own) since 2007.
Sorry this is so long for my first post, but hoping you all can welcome me in a bit and shed some light on this new path. I sure know I could use some support and hugs. This is a new beast all together than I am used to fighting....
Thanks in advance! And thanks for having me. ((((((BC Community))))))
"Spoonie" who entered BC World @ 41. DXd w/MS & Thyroid Cancer @42. Treatment: LX/SLNB/RADs. Plan A: 5mg Tamox = 0 QOL. Plan B: OS/AI = Rare allergy to OS meds. Plan C: Only option left, Diet & Exercise. PS: Not a dr, just a Googler.
7/20/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH)
8/30/2018, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2
8/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel
10/1/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall
3/30/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)
7/2/2019 Zoladex (goserelin)
Log in to post a reply