We are 228,767 members in 84 forums discussing 159,856 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Best Doctors at MSK - Need Recommendations

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Aug 10, 2019 10:17PM

CTaylor100 wrote:

Hi - I'm 38, just diagnosed 2 weeks ago with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. I'm finding the constant waiting for appointments and results to be one of the most difficult things to adjust to.

I was able to get good recommendations for a breast surgeon, and was able to get an appointment with Dr. Mary Gemignani within 2 weeks (I go see her on Tuesday). Last week Sloan called and said with my diagnosis I will also need to see a Medical Oncologist and I'm really having trouble finding recommendations online. I know it's difficult to get appointments quickly with the more in demand doctors, so if anyone has recommendations please share. I'd like a few options to improve my chances of getting in with someone sooner rather than later. I was randomly paired with one doctor, but I think I can change before I see them.

Like everyone, I'm really scared not knowing yet what is in store for me and having a doctor that others have recommended would do a lot to put my mind at ease.

Thanks,

Christine

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Aug 11, 2019 08:02PM - edited Oct 1, 2019 07:25PM by Mavericksmom

This Post was deleted by Mavericksmom.

Aug 11, 2019 09:14PM santabarbarian wrote:

Good tip from Mavericksmom.

If you have TNBC, Tiffany Traina at MSK is the TNBC person. Good luck people will chime in.

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices; Proton rads. Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/10/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)