We are 224,835 members in 82 forums discussing 157,969 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: breast cancer

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Nov 2, 2019 10:17AM

Newportcookie wrote:

Hi, my name is Grace I was diagnosed with stage 0-1 Invasive lobular carcinoma,less then 1 cm no lymph node involvement .I'm not sure if i'll need Chemo ,,I had a lumpectomy with clear margins. did anyone else have to have Chemo ,,I know I will get radiation for 6 weeks and the pill.I also have Crohn's Disease for 50 years now wondering how Chemo and this Disease will act.

Thanks for any impute Grace

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Nov 2, 2019 12:41PM bcincolorado wrote:

Hi Newportcookie,

Do you have an oncologist you have seen yet? If not, you need to see one soon.

They should have run some other tests like OncoDX that will show if your tumor is ER/PR negative or positive and HER2 status. Those tests will help determine what other treatment you need to keep cancer away from you.

Until you know those answers you cannot make those decisions on chemo or no and what kind of hormonal treatments are appropriate for you. Every cancer is different and every persons health status is different. That is why making decisions on cancer treatment is very personal.

Best wishes in your decisions.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)