Join Us

We are 218,012 members in 84 forums discussing 160,846 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Have a Bad Feeling - This Sucks

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Aug 17, 2020 06:48PM

Kelly2380 wrote:

Hey All,

I went to my GP in mid-July because I developed a palpable lump at the very top of my breast. I was referred for an US/mammogram (I'm 39, so it was my first) and they found a pretty big lesion - 2.5 cm. I was referred to a breast surgeon. It's very palpable, so I had a core needle biopsy last Wednesday in her office. She's very on top of this, so she got the preliminary biopsy report and brought me into her office last Friday to tell me it's DCIS. She explained comedo necrosis to me and said she wanted to do an MRI and wait for the full pathology report to schedule my lumpectomy. When the hospital told her it would take 2 weeks to fit me in for an MRI, she read them the riot act and they got me in for one today.

The MRI itself was a piece of cake, but I got a call from my surgeon's office within an hour of getting home. They said that my surgeon wants to see me on Friday to discuss my MRI results. The next step was them to call me to schedule my lumpectomy. I just have a bad feeling. I might be paranoid, but I feel like that call was way too quick. God bless her for her sense of urgency, but it also freaks me out. I have dense breasts so I'm afraid of something that may have been missed on Mammogram. I'm also afraid there's IDC lurking in that tumor.

Thank you for letting me vent, I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same feelings based on your doctor's sense of urgency?

Dx: 9/11/20, IDC; Stage IIB; ER-/PR-/HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Log in to post a reply

Aug 17, 2020 07:00PM MinusTwo wrote:

Kelly - it helps if you stay on the thread where you were already posting. Those ladies will want to see your update and new people will be able to see your entire history.

I wouldn't worry about what you're seeing at "urgency". Hoping things turn out OK.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)