Join Us

We are 218,658 members in 84 forums discussing 161,162 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: just diagnosed October 20.2020

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Nov 5, 2020 10:54AM

MALJOR40 wrote:

Hello I was diagnosed with breast cancer the same day my dad passed away which was October 20,2020. I was diagnosed with Invasive ductal HEr+ Pr- Er- I am trying so hard to prepare for Chemo which takes place November 13. I would appreciate all the advice I can get from those that have gone through this. My ct scan show that is has not spread to any organs. I'm so thankful for that. I will be doing chemo every three weeks. 6x times. I am going to cold cap. I heard of icing hands and feet so many things. I am so overwhelmed right now. thanks

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Nov 5, 2020 11:12AM Moderators wrote:

Hi MALJOR40, and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

We're so very sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but we're really glad you've found us. You're sure to find our Community an amazing source of information, advice, encouragement, and support -- we're all here for you! We're also so very sorry to hear about your father. You must be having a very difficult time.

We know it can be overwhelming at the beginning of your diagnosis and treatment, but please know the more you learn about your diagnosis and treatment, the better you'll feel. Knowledge is power!

Do you know what type of chemo you'll be having? This may help others share their experiences with the same types of medications.

Also, every month, a new thread is started in the Chemotherapy - Before, During and After forum for those who start chemo that month. Here is the November Chemo thread -- make sure to stop in and introduce yourself, meet others who are going through chemo at the same time, compare experiences, and support each other through.

We hope this helps and look forward to seeing you around the boards. Please let us know if we can do anything at all!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 5, 2020 12:14PM Melbo wrote:

I’m from the July chemo club and in cycle 5 of 6 of TCHP. My biggest advice — besides what the mods said about reading some of the other chemo boards — is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate before and during chemo. I didn’t hydrate very well before my 4th infusion and I was far more sick feeling during that cycle than the others.

Diagnosed two days before my 42nd birthday. One husband, two dogs, one cat and no kids. Dx 7/16/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/6/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/6/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/6/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Nov 5, 2020 03:32PM MinusTwo wrote:

MAJOR - here's a great thread with lots of chemo tips.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/69/topics...

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Nov 18, 2020 03:23PM msphil wrote:

sweetie take a breath even a cry then as you go thru your treatment things will ease up some. I was diagnosed with idc stage2 0/3 nodes 3 mo chemo before and after Lmast all while planning our 2nd marriages. We got married then 7wks rads and 5yrs on Tamoxifen. This yr 26 yr Survivor and also our 26yr Anniversary. Positive thoughts that i will get thru this and lots of HOPE. Hang in there..Pray my Inspiration helps someone.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)