Topic: Diagnosed one day before x-mas

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Dec 26, 2020 03:42AM

Posted on: Dec 26, 2020 03:42AM

02041977 wrote:

Hello Team,

I have been diagnosed one day before x-mas with breast cancer on left breast the diagnosis is as follows :

- invasive mammary (ductal) carcinoma not otherwise specified (nos), grade 2 (nothingham grading system).

- dcis (solid with necrosis and calcification is present).

- lymphovascular invasion : probable

- lump of size 19.3x11.0 mm in left breast at 9 o'clock position

we are afraid of the surgery and after / long terms effects of chemo/radio therapy, are there any other natural or alternate means.

best regards

Page 1 of 2 (13 results)

Dec 26, 2020 05:24AM mountainmia wrote:

Hi. I'm sorry for your bad news and that you are here with us today. With such a recent diagnosis, you probably have not met with either a surgeon or oncologist yet, or have you? There are a lot of different surgical options, and I hope you'll talk with the surgeon (BS means breast surgeon) about them. If you are able to have a lumpectomy, the surgery and recovery are relatively easy compared to mastectomy with any reconstruction. But there are advantages and disadvantages to the different kinds, some of which are your personal preferences. So you'll want to find out more.

Also, until you know more, you won't know whether chemo is involved or not. Radiation may depend on which surgery you have. Getting a plan developed is, for many people, the hardest and most anxious time. But it's good to step through it and not wave it away because of fear.

There are NO natural or alternate ways to rid your body of cancer. Your doctors will discuss with you and recommend what they believe gives you the best shot at getting to a post-cancer life. You will also need to do your part, in terms of taking care of your body with good nutrition and exercise to the extent you can. But wishing it away will not make it go away.

We are here for you as a resource as you learn more and have questions, or need reassurance. I wish you all the best.

The rain comes and the rain goes, but the mountain remains. I am the mountain.

Dec 26, 2020 08:12AM livinlife wrote:

Welcome 0204...! I agree with MountainMia about treatment. It will be important you undergo some type of traditional treatment as you work to beat this cancer.... I agree as well about meeting with a surgeon and oncologist so you can discuss options, have a team you trust and are comfortable with and ultimately choose treatment options you are comfortable with. Please check back in as these appointments unfold. This is indeed a great site for information and support!

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/30/2020 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right)

Dec 26, 2020 08:27AM 02041977 wrote:

Thank you MountainMia & LivinLife

We live in Sharjah, UAE. We have met an oncologist and he has now suggested the following tests -

1) creatinine

2) MRI

3) ER, PR, Her2Neu, Ki-67

to determine the further course of action.

While searching the internet, i found the following websites : immucura.com & thelifeco-clinic.com & denvaxindia.com

have to talk to them to findout at which stage they are helpful.

does anyone in the community have idea on these treatments.

Dec 26, 2020 08:32AM melissadallas wrote:

02041977, are you the patient, or are you posting on behalf os somebody else? You keep referring to “we.” Who is “we.”

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor. Dx 5/20/2012, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/0 nodes

Dec 26, 2020 09:03AM beesie.is.out-of-office wrote:

Creatinine test for breast cancer? Unusual, I think.

MRI. Yes, that's often done prior to surgery, to determine if anything more is lurking that wasn't seen on other imaging. It helps provide the surgeon with the most complete picture possible before he operates.

ER, PR and Her2Neu are standard on breast cancer pathology reports, and are absolutely required to determine the treatment plan. Usually those are available from the biopsy report. Ki-67 is not always done, it depends on the testing facility and the preferences of the surgeon or MO. Usually it does not impact treatment decisions. Depending on the ER, PR and HER2, other tests such as an Oncotype test or Mammaprint test might be done but tgis usually takes place after the analysis of the surgical pathology.

If you are interested in Alternative or Complementary treatments, you won't find much discussion in this forum but there are forums on this site that have been designated for discussion of those topics. Here are links to those forums.

Forum: Alternative Medicine

"This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine. "

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment

"Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person."

Dec 26, 2020 09:14AM moth wrote:

Sorry you find yourself here.

Cancer kills. Modern medicine can stop some cancer from killing, using surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone therapy, radiation.

There are no alternative treatments that work. If they worked they wouldn't be alternative, they'd be medicine. At best, some may be supportive, but likely for each one that helps, many impdede chemo or hormone therapy ..

To believe otherwise is to presuppose a massive conspiracy to deny people's treatment. I've seen cancer researchers talk about their work. They want a cure. And nobody would be able to keep it quiet if there was a new cure.

And yes, they look at nature. One of the most powerful chemos, taxol, is from the yew tree. So yeah, i call it my herbal remedy

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Chemotherapy 2/13/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/18/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/8/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2020 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 3/2/2021 External Local Metastases 3/2/2021 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 1/1/2022 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) Chemotherapy 6/1/2022 Other

Dec 26, 2020 09:41AM sunshine99 wrote:

RE: the creatine, I believe it's associated with kidney function. I have my scans next week with nuc med and at CT scan. I will see my MO two days later and have my blood work scheduled for the day in between my scans and my MO appointment. Sorry if I'm rambling. I asked the MO's nurse if the nuc med injection or the contrast could affect my blood counts, and she said that it could affect the creatine. I think that's why they want to check. Creatine is part of the CMP (Complete Metabolic Panel) test. It's usually standard along with a CBC (Complete Blood Count).

Keep us updated. You'll find good information and support here.

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Dec 26, 2020 10:28AM beesie.is.out-of-office wrote:

Yes, creatinine is associated with kidneys. It would be part of a standard blood analysis (CBC). It just seems odd (to me) to have that specifically noted vs. any other aspects of the CBC. For those on certain breast cancer meds, I believe that this is an important measure. I don't know if it is also important for those who are metastatic. But for someone just diagnosed? That seems unusual.

Dec 26, 2020 10:51AM moth wrote:

scan with contrast is what comes to my mind for a creatinine.

But it should be part of full panel, incl cbc and liver fnxn.

OP, it's just a blood test.

The other tests are done on the biopsy sample to determine what type of breast cancer it is. Treatment really varies based on those markers.

Op, hope you meet with an oncologist and get their proposed treatment plan. You can also get a second opinion from another oncologist as sometimes they'll have slightly different approaches. Your age and overall health are also important factors.

It sucks and it's scary but it gets better

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Chemotherapy 2/13/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/18/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/8/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2020 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 3/2/2021 External Local Metastases 3/2/2021 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 1/1/2022 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) Chemotherapy 6/1/2022 Other

Dec 26, 2020 12:18PM alicebastable wrote:

I get creatinine checked BUT it's because I had kidney cancer and a total left nephrectomy, and I'm always checked before the regular follow-up CTs to make sure I can have the contrast. Unless you've got the same issues, or a history of kidney disease, I can't imagine creatinine being relevant to any breast cancer testing or treatment.

Ignore treatment info (below) which is a BCO glitch. Do not enter personal information on this site since they grossly mishandled a data breach. Surgery 7/10/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 8/7/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/28/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 2 (13 results)

Scroll to top button