Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Diagnosed Today - IDC

Options
speccomo
speccomo Member Posts: 12
edited May 2022 in Just Diagnosed

Had biopsies on both breasts on Monday afternoon, and met with my doctor today for results. On the right, “Invasive well-differentiated ductal carcinoma,” and on the left, “Invasive moderately differentiated ductal carcinoma.” I’m hanging on to the good parts - grade 1 on the right, grade 2 on the left, and ER+/PR+/HER2-.

My GP is also referring me to the doctor who is treating his wife. That’s definitely a plus for my peace of mind.

Next step is to meet with the surgeon and work on the treatment plan, but I’m actually feeling positive at the moment. Diagnosis means we can get moving on treatment, which is much better than not knowing.

I know I’ll be coming back with questions, but for now, just grateful for this community

Comments

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,939
    Options

Knowing is always better than wondering. I hope you'll like your surgeon, medical oncologist, and radiation oncologist.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

hi speccomo, sorry that your biopsies both came back positive. Wishing you a positive treatment plan to be developed soon! Usually we all feel better once we know how we're going to deal with our diagnosis

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,911
    Options

Speccomo - We're sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis but we're so happy you found us, too.

In adition to the support and great advice you're getting here in the discussion boards, you may find it helpful to check out the following sections for those newly diagnosed, from the main Breastcancer.org site:

Please keep us all posted on how everything goes. Let us know if we can be of help.

The Mods

• anabelle
    anabelle Member Posts: 1
    Options

Speccomo: I have the same cancer profile. I am 4wks out from a bilateral masectomy and will be starting chemo sometime in June.

• speccomo
    speccomo Member Posts: 12
    Options

Anabelle - sounds like you and I will be able to go through this side by side

• hlya
    hlya Member Posts: 29
    Options

Yes waiting was the darkest time.