Topic: New diagnosis IDC stage IV + lymph node

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Jun 28, 2022 02:51PM

Posted on: Jun 28, 2022 02:51PM

lilygizmocat123 wrote:

I just got diagnosed with IDC stage 4 right breast and right armpit lymph node. They haven't biopsed the left breast yet but they want to asap! My question is isn't more important to see if the cancer has spread anywhere else in my body before the slightly suspicious left breast??

Its been really hard getting STRAIGHT answers from any of these doctors! They have a protocol they want to follow without and deviation! IF I find out it is in other parts of my body/organs that would greatly effect what treatment options I would consider or not consider?? Also if anyone else has IDC 4 please chirp in and let me know how long you've had it any information would be helpful!

Quality of life is more important to me then "quantity"

So I'm going to have some tough decisions soon! I realize once you make those decisions you can't really change your mind later! I don't want to be halfway through some treatment and regret my decisions ...at least thats my goal anyway! You don't get alot of "do-overs" with this horrific disease!! Thank you!!

Page 2 of 2 (12 results)

Jun 29, 2022 08:00PM - edited Jun 29, 2022 08:01PM by wrenn

The post I deleted was a response to the one that was removed by community (noticed after posting).

Jun 29, 2022 08:17PM - edited Jun 30, 2022 05:36PM by exbrnxgrl

lily,

Breast cancer is a lot to deal with especially early on. There is definitely a learning curve. That being said I agree with parakeetsrule's post. Understanding an individual's situation is an important factor on this forum. Breast cancer is more varied and complex than most of us knew so we often ask questions so we can understand a new members situation. You may not like everyone here but respect and kindness are free and don't forget, we all have breast cancer.

I am still not understanding why you are stage IV. The imaging that you have had appears to be inconclusive but you believe you have an incidental finding. Is a lung biopsy in the offing? Thus far, none of what you gone through is typical of arriving at a stage IV dx yet you stated earlier that you are stage IV. I also doubt that any doctor would make a dx based solely on an incidental finding. My bone met was an incidental finding but was not a confirmed bc met until it was biopsy proven. Lastly, if you really believe that your doctors are deceiving you, find new doctors ASAP. We are happy to help you learn about bc but please be respectful to our members.

PS: You mentioned that you think something was visualized in your lung during a mammogram. That would be impossible as mammos literally only see what’s pressed between the plates which couldn’t possibly involve your lungs or any other internal imaging. As far as the other MRI’s or ultrasounds, I can’t comment on those.

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 2 of 2 (12 results)

Scroll to top button