Topic: New day one

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Dec 12, 2022 08:17PM

Posted on: Dec 12, 2022 08:17PM

jonesd01 wrote:

Newly diagnosed invasive ductal dont know stage but many calcifications and grade 1 tumor. Surgeon meeting Wednesday. estrogen and prog positive and her2 negative. Spinning. Any advice appreciated. No lymph involvement seen but Im worried and upset. How long does it take to normally get surgery? I called the plastice surgeons office for a consult and the office was so rude I was speechless. I know the holidays will set things back with vacations etc. Appreciate any and all advice.

Surgery 1/12/2023 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant

Page 2 of 2 (13 results)

Dec 16, 2022 05:09PM moderators wrote:

Thanks for the update, Jonesd01. Making treatment decisions is hard, but once you have a plan in place, you'll start feeling a tad bit better.

Please keep us posted on your MRI and genetic testing results, as well as your plastic surgeon consult. We're all here for you as you navigate your treatment, and beyond!

--The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Jan 23, 2023 04:55PM jonesd01 wrote:

Quick update - outpatient Bilateral n/s mastectomy with immediate reconstruction on 1/12 - did not have lumpectomy as an option due to widespread microcalcifications and looked like 3 more distinct areas two with very small tumors on MRI. Surgery went well, healing nicely and just got prelim report that not in lymph nodes. Waiting on full report but cautiously optimistic.

Surgery 1/12/2023 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant

Jan 24, 2023 12:40PM kotchaj wrote:

Jonesd01,

Sounds like good news so far. As good as you can get in our situations. Nothing in lymph nodes is awesome.

Take care of yourself as you're healing. Hugs.

The only thing I can control is my reaction. I may have cancer, but it doesn't have me. Chemotherapy 6/7/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 6/15/2021 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 8/31/2021 Other Targeted Therapy 12/16/2021 Verzenio Radiation Therapy 2/9/2022 Whole breast, Radiation boost: Left breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC: Mucinous/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 20/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical

Page 2 of 2 (13 results)

Scroll to top button