Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Newly diagnosed, still in shock

jena1126
jena1126 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2023 in Just Diagnosed

I am 47, and a mama to 3 boys . Found a lump a couple weeks ago. Has a mammogram and ultrasound on Friday along with a biopsy and got my pathology today. An absolute whirlwind of a couple weeks.
they actually found 4lumps all in that same area. They biopsied 2 and they both came back relatively the same

IDC, provisional Nottingham 1-2, estrogen receptor strong(95%)

Progesterone receptor 50-75% Her2 negative.
And a lot of other numbers

It's all very confusing. I have a call with a nurse navigator tomorrow to st up an MRI and meet with a breast surgeon and oncologist.
This is just plain scary. My mom had BC twice. Once a lumpectomy with radiation and the second time a mastectomy and chemo. That was 5 years ago and she is doing amazing.

Now the wait begins to figure out next steps. I'm sad to have to join this club, but I am thankful to be surrounded by so much support and love

Jen

Comments

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363

With 4 tumors they might recommend mastectomy, plastic surgery is really good these days to fix things.

You may get an oncodx test to see if chemo may be helpful but looks like you will be given tamoxifen or AI drug since you are er and pr positive.

Best of luck to you.