Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Breast Cancer in Men?

cthasty3
cthasty3 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2017 in Male Breast Cancer

Hello,

I am 17 years old. Recently, I have been noticing spots popping up along side of my breast. They are very red and tender to touch. The first one I saw was on my right side, right near the base of the breast. It was red and tender, but the redness went away, and is still sore to the touch, a little. Last night, while I was in the shower, I noticed another spot. I touched it, and of course, it hurt. I showed it to my mother, who is a nurse. She said that men could develop breast cancer, especially if they have a lot of breast tissue (which I do), but it is rare. I need some help. Should I go to the doctor on this, or should I just wait it out?

Comments

• 1NippledBandit
    1NippledBandit Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2012

Go to the doctor to be safe.  I am no expert, but it doesn't look like breast cancer.  My lump never appeared red and didn't hurt at all.  Good luck to you.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,813
    edited June 2012

cthasty, we're sorry that you're dealing with this worry. As well as the good advice from your mother, and 1NippledBandit, there is information on the main Breastcancer.org site that's specifically about Male Breast Cancer.

Please come back and let us know what your doctor has to say - we're here to support you any time.

The Mods

• Dorotea
    Dorotea Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

Hi, I have the same one. Did you go to the doctor, was it something that you should have worried about?

• cliff
    cliff Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2017

go now, the sooner you find out, the better. if it isn't, you can stoop worrying, if it is, the earlier you catch it, the easier it is to stop.