We are 219,610 members in 81 forums discussing 155,380 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Men Treated With Tamoxifen Have Higher Risk of Blood Clots

Forum: Male Breast Cancer — For men who have been diagnosed or are at high risk.

Posted on: Feb 20, 2019 03:52PM

Moderators wrote:

Men Treated With Tamoxifen for Breast Cancer Have Higher Risk of Blood Clots
February 13, 2019

Men diagnosed with hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer treated with tamoxifen had more than twice the risk of developing a blood clot compared to men with a similar diagnosis who were not treated with tamoxifen. Read more...

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Feb 20, 2019 09:25PM Traveltext wrote:

Yes, I had a blood clot stroke a year ago after four years on tamoxifen. My cardiologist recommends stopping the drug, while my oncologist recommends staying on it. My call, but I’ve decided to go on statins, ramipril and clopidogrel, and sticking with the tamoxifen. Good luck to me.

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Apr 21, 2019 01:05AM enteric wrote:

​I have been on palbociclib​ and tamoxifen for male BCa stage 2. I developed superficial phlebitis after a long flight, despite taking daily baby ASA. On my next long flight, i took a prophylactic dose of xarelto prior to flights, and once again developed DVT!!. Since then, I have been on xarelto, and according to my oncologist will need to remain on palbociclib​ as long as I am on tamoxifen. So long flights+ tamoxifen= DVT!! , AS​A may not be sufficient prophylaxis. 

Apr 21, 2019 05:48AM Traveltext wrote:

I had a brain stem stroke 18 months ago that might have been a result of the Tamoxifen. Nobody will say for sure. Recovered fully. I don't seem to have any flying issues, thank goodness, and I do long (16-hour) flights. Wear compression stockings though.

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

May 16, 2019 12:05PM wallycat wrote:

This fact is also true for women....not sure women are told this so at least they are sharing it with men.

I took a baby aspirin while I was on it; check with doc first.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)