We are 221,139 members in 81 forums discussing 156,105 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Ibrance Approved to Treat Men W/ Advanced HR+ BC​

Forum: Male Breast Cancer — For men who have been diagnosed or are at high risk.

Posted on: Apr 6, 2019 10:23AM

Moderators wrote:

Ibrance Approved to Treat Men With Advanced-Stage Hormone-Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
April 5, 2019

The FDA has approved Ibrance to treat men diagnosed with advanced-stage hormone-receptor-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer. Read more...

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Apr 21, 2019 12:45AM enteric wrote:

I have been on palbociclib for 1 1/2 yrs for male BCa stage 2 as part of a clinical trial. I have generally tolerated treatment well. My major symptoms has been fatigue, other issues has been hair loss, nail changes, random aches and pains. I have had pancytopenia, but had not required any dose adjustment or intervention. I also had DVTs but prob due to tamoxifen.

Apr 21, 2019 01:05AM Traveltext wrote:

Welcome to the forum enteric. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

When were you first diagnosed andvwhat treatment did you have?

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Apr 21, 2019 01:12AM enteric wrote:

Thanks, in 2017, had mastectomy, node dissection, followed by radiation, but since my Oncotype DX was low i did not go for chemotherapy. I hope this helps.

Apr 21, 2019 05:43AM Traveltext wrote:

Thanks, I guess that's the PALLUS trial. I think your very lucky to be on Ibrance given that you didn't have chemo. Glad the SEs are not too great. Does he Tamoxifen continue? How did the DVT issue resolved itself?

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)