Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ottawa ladies?

caro46
caro46 Member Posts: 78

Hi all,

I`d really like to chat with other women from the Nepean/Barrhaven area who are dealing with BC.  I m from out of town and don't see my family too often so it would be nice to find support in the area!

Carolyne

Comments

• pickle
    pickle Member Posts: 70

Bump...I'm from Edmonton but I think there is some Ottawa area gals on here.

• Kyta
    Kyta Member Posts: 273

Hi there…..I posted a little while ago on your 'waiting for results' thread. I'm also in Ottawa, Greely actually. There's a few ladies that I know of on these boards from Ottawa. Feel free to PM me anytime.

• Forever_mummy
    Forever_mummy Member Posts: 9

That would be me Kiss

Almost stone throw from Qwy Hospital.

I'm not sure, if I'm supportive, but definitely have a lot of black humor ;-)

seriously, 'll be happy to share my experience or just chat, Carolyne.

• caro46

Hi

Nice to meet you forever_mummy!

Have you been diagnosed or in the process?

I`m waiting for my Biopsy results... hopefully before the end of the week!  I am being followed at the Womens breast health center at the civic, Dr Tomiac and Dr Berdoesa. 

Thanks for your reply! and Hope to chat soon!

carolyne

• Forever_mummy

I just had my 2nd chemo.

Biopsy was at civic in July. Dr. Izbach, Love the surgeon Dr. Arnaout .

It goes really fast! They don't want to waste even a minute ;-) 

Good luck!

• caro46

Sh... I mean Poop!

Sorry to hear that! Do you have any support? Anyone to share this with? I really hope you do!

I guess going fast is good! I really hope I don`t have to hunt down my results because Friday is day 10 and I`ll be on that phone at 8:00 am!

Somehow, my biggest worry is the ones who should support me... will they be able to support me if I get a bad news?  Just going through the waiting I am being told to just relax and not over react... That drives me nuts! What`s over reacting? Pretending I`m not waiting to hear if I have cancer or not??

Thanks again for your reply!

Hang in there!

Carolyne

• Forever_mummy

Perfect support: 5 and 11.

Right now I'm seeing that the home doesn't want to run itself.

I had the feeling pregnancy test is more ... exciting ;-) than those results.

With cancer it is what it is, not to many choices to fix what needs to be fixed.

Even you'd try not to know, they will find you ;-)

Sharing?

I'm not scared to make it public. In fact I think it is a very important subject that should become part of high-school education!

I'm happy to share how it happened, when, too bad you never know for sure why, it could if not save then help someone. I wish I knew more!

If... it is what it is ;-) they will take care of you, and they won't let to waste any of your days.

Is Friday tomorrow? No, one more day... Only one day, and I'm waiting with ya!

• NannaBaby
    NannaBaby Member Posts: 23

I'm in the Ottawa area.  I recommend asking the social worker at the breast health clinic about the support group called stepping stones.  It is a big group of women going thru treatment, in all different stages.  It helped me tremendously!

• llm005
    llm005 Member Posts: 7

Hi guys

I too am in the Ottawa area.  Currently #8 of 23 rads. Have been around this particular block once already -- first time at age 30, almost 20 years ago.    Carolyne, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for GOOD news.  I found the waiting for results the hardest part, just brutal. 

• caro46

Thank you ladies!

Somehow... Life happens and I have soooo much stuff todeal with at home with the kids (3girls!) and at work that I almost forgot that I should get my results tomorrow...

I was offerd to go away for work, 3 days in Muskoka to just relax ad forget about every day life at home and I am considering postponing harrassing for results! What`s 4 more days without knowing??? Ami crazy to even conider waiting to get my results?

• caro46

Hi forever_mommy!

I just read your blog and was inspired!

Who cares if our polish and English is your second language!  I`m french first and that`s just a ok!

Hope u get through it all! Whatever result I get I will be sure to stay on here to offer support to all of you ladies dealing with this CRAP!!

My sister beat it twice so I know it CAN be beaten!

Hang in there!

• Forever_mummy

It can be!

And tomorrow is 50/50. I hope to learn something again.

Wow! To be after 8 rads... Sounds like a dream to me!

Lucky you! 3 girls! My husband was dreaming about just one and has... 3 boys Laughing

What was that famous word? Whatever ;-)

Anyway, I'll be waiting patiently with you.

• caro46

And I wished I had boys... Mine ae 14, 11 and 10 yra old and believe me teenage years with girls are very interresting!   Want to trade one of yours for one of mine?

But just for a little while cause I do love my girls!

Keep going... There is hope!

Good night!

Caro

• caro46

No results yet... I called even tho I said I asn`t going to until I came back from my trip.  I just thought I would at least get an appointment for when I come back..

They won`t have the results until at least next wednesday.

I guess the world will keep turnng until then

• llm005

Hang in there Carolyne.  It took forever to get my results and the waiting was crappy.  Like the Muskoka idea -- won't get your mind completely off it, but it could help.  Best of luck.

L

• Kyta

Hi Caro….hope you're doing ok in the 'waiting room'. Thinking of you and sending positive vibes.

Hello forever_mummy, NannaBaby and llm005…nice to see other Ottawa ladies on this discussion board. Hope you're all doing ok. 

Mich 

• Forever_mummy

Doing really well today!

I've just got my second opinion! And they are saying IIB! Not III!

Carolyne! No news is good news! They are not in rush... it's the good news!

And Wednesday is tomorrow. ;-)

• Kyta

Good news Forever_mummy…..not that cancer is ever good news, but better to be 2b than 3 I guess :)

Caro - Hope you get some news soon. 

• caro46

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for your messages.  I got back yesterday and I still haven't heard... Not sure I want to call and try to speed things up Undecided

Forever_Mummy: I hope youre right that theyre not in a rush...  I have to look up what your results mean...Embarassed But it sounds like good news about your second opinion!

Trip to Muskoka was awesome! I barely thought about my results and had lots of fun with my co-workers and lots of great new info for work!

Carolyne

• caro46

Finally I got the call! I`m getting my results thursday am...

My partner is trying to get time off to come with me, I hope he can.

Pray for me ladies!

• Kyta

Finally!! Praying for you. Good or bad, let us know. Good luck.

• caro46

Thank you Mich_M

I`ll keep you posted!

• caro46

I have my results...

Infiltrating ductal carcinoma, grade 1. I`m in shock, even tho I knew this was a possibility... I know it could be much worst and I will most likely be ok But I am now a Cancer patient and that`s a bit hard to deal with...

I`ll write more soon, when I can make sense of all this

Thanks for the support

caro

• llm005

Oh crap.  So sorry you have to go through this Carolyne.  But as you know already from these boards, there is information, support, hope and community from the many of us in this club.  What are your next steps?  If you want to meet and talk, PM me.   

Hang in there.  (I just added a picture to my profile and see that I got the wrong one!)

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885

Hello, count me in.  I'm in Orleans.  Was diagnosed in March 2009.  Had mastectomy followed by chemo and rads...living life to the fullest.

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885

Opps, had to post so that i could add this to my favorites

• Kyta

Oh I'm sorry to hear that Caro. I was also IDC grade 1, and relatively speaking, it's not as bad a diagnosis as it could have been. Still tough though to come to terms with hearing the 'cancer' word. Takes your breath away. We all know what you're going through, and are here to support you. 

We're you given a follow up appt to figure out next steps? 

Hey Michele…nice to 'see' you. 

• caro46

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies...

I am going to see the surgeon on Nov 15th to discus surgery and also should get a call from Genetics .  The social worker suggested I try to get genetic testing b4 I get surgery.  She said It might change what surgery I get , Lumpectomy vs mastectomy... My partner wants both my boobs gone... Me I don`t really care as long as I survive this ordeal ( But I guess it`s good to know he cares more about me than my boobs).

IIm005, I might take u up on your offer to meet and talk once I get a hold of myself.  I am feeling a bit lonely in this as my family is far (Qc)

Thnaks again for being there...

Good night

• Kyta

Which surgeon will you be seeing?

It takes several months to get results from the BRCA testing so unlikely you're surgery would be held off that long.

Nice that your partner cares more about you than your boobs….makes a big difference when you don't have to worry about that! 

• dragonfly55
    dragonfly55 Member Posts: 97

Hello Ottawa ladies, i'm just starting thisJouney, and. I know there will be a day when I join your group.

. Caro46, I have my appointment with BS on Nov. 15 at the Breast Health Centre. Present diagnosis DCIS, high nuclear grade, ER-PR-. Maybe we'll be there at the same time. I'll be thinking of you.

Wishing you well. Take care of you.