We are 191,706 members in 81 forums discussing 142,762 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Canadians Affected by Breast Cancer → Topic: Canadians in British Columbia

Topic: Canadians in British Columbia

Forum: Canadians Affected by Breast Cancer —

Canadian health care, clinical trials, and life in general in the north.

Posted on: Dec 19, 2011 10:17PM

suz45 wrote:

I'm wondering how many West Coast Gals we currently have on here. It makes it a little easier to compare notes as our health-care is provincial. Would be nice to share tips and such to each other as we wade though the health-care Bureaucracy.

I'm in Richmond BC (a part of the Vancouver Lower Mainland) and the majority of my treatment has been at Vancouver General Hospital and Vancouver Cancer Agency.. with a few small surgical procedures done at UBC and my original Lumpectomy at Richmond General. My GP is also in Richmond. Ive been on the BCO boards since 2007 with a few breaks.

Please pipe in even if only to let us know your here Wink

Hugs Suz

Laugh your heart out, dance in the rain, cherish the memories & ignore the pain, love and learn, forget & forgive. Remember you only have one life to Live. Dx 11/25/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, 8/23 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 66 of 66 (1,958 results)

Posts 1951 - 1958 (1,958 total)

Aug 2, 2017 05:37AM marianelizabeth wrote:

Arrggh! Just wrote you a long note Runor and Starbucks WIFi disappeared and I lost it. Will write later though when on real WiFi!

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx 9/21/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Dx Dx DCIS

Aug 4, 2017 12:17PM JennD wrote:

Hello! I'm from the Fraser Valley in BC and I was wondering if there is anyone else who has been seen at the Abbotsford Cancer Agency? I've had some ups and downs there since I started the journey with my first MO apptJune 22nd. It would be great to find someone who has had good experience there. I feel like I am doing something wrong.

Dx 5/30/2017, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0 Dx 5/30/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 13, 2017 02:11AM marianelizabeth wrote:

JennD I hope someone from Abbotsford chimes in as I know there are some.

Runor, I found rads tough and since I am not a napper, I was surprised when suddenly some days I could barely drag myself around. I did not have the burns like you at all and am hoping yours are starting to heal. How bad is the air where you are? What a summer for much of BC!

Here in Victoria it cleared overnight but I just can't imagine what it is like north and east for all the people who have to endure it.

As for summer and me, I did not know I would be back and forth to Vancouver so many times but am happy to do it with the care and teamwork I am getting at Vancouver BCCA. I was in Vancouver 3 times in the past 10 days~~once for 3 nights, second there and back in one day one transit and ferries and this week I went over Tuesday but with the car and expected to be overnight but appt. for Wed. was cancelled for good reason.

MRI on July 31 and Tuesday I saw my new MO for the first time as mine is on sabbatical. I took a friend and as I had said to her, bet no results though I knew a preliminary was on the system. Yes, no report but I said that did not work for me and she called radiology and good old Dr. Martin was there and had a look~~enhancing tissue in brachial plexus shows up. He ordered a CT scan with contrast of chest to be done within 5-7 days. My new MO ordered an appt with a neurologist and an appt with pain and symptom clinic and gave me an Rx for Oxycodone.

I got a cancellation for the CT for last Sat. on a long weekend! That was my 10 hour transit day and the two techs in CT were very efficient. Back over Tuesday for pain and symptom clinic which I felt was cart before horse not knowing the cause. But again, great teamwork and pharmacist and doctor and the doctor called Dr. Martin to see if he could check the CT results. He had a look and can see a lump and told the doc I was seeing that she should be able to feel it. Yes she could but for me it is all such a mess with the recent capsulectomy etc. Anyway, he will do an ultrasound guided biopsy still to be scheduled. But looks more and more like a recurrence or new lump and in same area my first one plus 6/8 positive nodes were in. Nerve damage is less a possibility too. Appt with neurologist for the next day was cancelled for that reason.

I still feel very cared for my the Van BCCA team and despite the situation, at least in the near future there should be an answer or two. Pain clinic doctor who I really like, put me on Oxyneo which is longer acting and twice a day. Of course S/E includes good old constipation but after not being on top of it this week I am also on the regime of sennekots I was given.

Sorry for this long winded epistle but we are pretty quiet for now with everyone until we know some answers and felt I wanted to let you all know. I love our new home and its ocean views and Victoria is much slower paced which suits me just fine. Now if we every get fully unpacked it would be nice but not too concerned really as main stuff is done.

So glad too that I did my swan song trek in May!

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx 9/21/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Dx Dx DCIS

Aug 15, 2017 05:52PM runor wrote:

Marian, my heart falls reading this. You sound so ... sane. I am in awe.

The smoke here has been the worst I anyone remembers. We have had some smoky summers before. But this? This is off the scale. The devastation is unfathomable. We live on a tinder dry, heavily forested mountainside. Everyone up here is on high alert, as is everyone in the province. When I was staying at the cancer clinic it was sad to see the people there undergoing treatment while their home towns were evacuated. What a horrible feeling for them! Some had no place to go back to when they left radiation treatment!

My boob is healing, although I have learned that zinc diaper cream does NOT wash out of a black bra. Oh well, it gave its life to a worthy cause. That Zincofax is like axle grease! I pray for you Marian.

Dx 3/23/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/5/2017 Whole-breast: Breast

Aug 16, 2017 11:59AM stellamaris wrote:

MarianElizabeth, so sorry to hear you are having to deal with all this again, on top of having the capsular issues. I am thinking of you and sending healing prayers. God bless

Dx 10/5/2015, ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/29/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 12/1/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 12/17/2015 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/11/2016 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/23/2016 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Aug 17, 2017 10:53AM Wendy3 wrote:

I'm so sorry Marian MJ helps with pain too and there are some great shops in Victoria😜.

Take care of yourself.

Wend

Dx 5/13/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

16 hours ago adagio wrote:

Marian - so sorry to hear about your recent developments. Hoping they will find out something real soon. Hang in there. I was surprized to hear that you had moved to Victoria - that must have been a big decision. I also like the slower life style in Victoria, and a house with a view sounds pretty special. Take great care of yourself.

Dx 8/21/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 2/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/25/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/20/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3/25/2013 Breast

9 hours ago marianelizabeth wrote:

Looks like axillary recurrence says the head of rads at BCCA. He again came to the rescue when I got a call Tuesday saying ultrasound guided biopsy was Aug. 29 and not him as he had said last week. A couple of phone message left with MO and pain clinic and somehow he fit me in today for core biopsy. Back in Victoria and MO appt. cancelled for Monday and results should be Monday or Tuesday and will be by phone. But high probability of it being cancer and lump is pushing on nerve thus the awful nerve problems.

I must admit I am not surprised. It is what it is. I will discuss with MO but once confirmed I hope that any treatment can be done here unless it is surgery and then would want my old BS. Adagio, it was a bit of a sudden decision but I had been looking and love it. Husband gradually coming round as he was sailing across the Pacific when this came up. Now I am even happier to have made the decision.

Page 66 of 66 (1,958 results)