We are 209,651 members in 82 forums discussing 150,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Canadians Affected by Breast Cancer → Topic: Canadians in British Columbia

Topic: Canadians in British Columbia

Forum: Canadians Affected by Breast Cancer —

Canadian health care, clinical trials, and life in general in the north.

Posted on: Dec 19, 2011 06:17AM

suz45 wrote:

I'm wondering how many West Coast Gals we currently have on here. It makes it a little easier to compare notes as our health-care is provincial. Would be nice to share tips and such to each other as we wade though the health-care Bureaucracy.

I'm in Richmond BC (a part of the Vancouver Lower Mainland) and the majority of my treatment has been at Vancouver General Hospital and Vancouver Cancer Agency.. with a few small surgical procedures done at UBC and my original Lumpectomy at Richmond General. My GP is also in Richmond. Ive been on the BCO boards since 2007 with a few breaks.

Please pipe in even if only to let us know your here Wink

Hugs Suz

Laugh your heart out, dance in the rain, cherish the memories & ignore the pain, love and learn, forget & forgive. Remember you only have one life to Live. Dx 11/25/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, 8/23 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 83 of 83 (2,469 results)

Posts 2461 - 2469 (2,469 total)

Aug 8, 2018 08:48PM NVDobie wrote:

akmom,

You made me laugh. :-) Welcome.

I don’t have MX experience, but do understand the dilemma. One of questions I would ask was whether the reconstruction will impact future treatment in the case of local recurrence. Also can reconstruct still be a option later on if radiation was done post mastectomy.

Dx 12/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/5/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 3/8/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Aug 9, 2018 01:48PM moth wrote:

How's everyone doing in this heat? I normally really like warm weather but even I'm finding it a bit much sometimes.

I finally learned today that I start radiation on Monday. I've also started the process of getting my vaccination records sorted & up to date for school in September.

Oh & had my biopsy on the right breast yesterday - fingers crossed it was just an overly cautious radiologist. I enjoyed having ice packs down my top all day yesterday. I recommend it in this weather LOL.

Dx at 50; Left, IDC, 1.7 cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, very weakly ER+, being treated as TNBC Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast

Aug 9, 2018 02:14PM marianelizabeth wrote:

I have been following all of your posts including your last one Moth and you have so much on your plate including school. I do want to respond to some posts but with guests airing in an hour for two nights and me still in bed, it will not be right away. It is hot but we are luck where we are in Victoria as we normally have a good breeze. My hot sweats don't care if it is hot or not and often I actually drip on the floor or wherever.

As for me, I was not sure if I posted my latest but I think not. Sorry it is not good news. Coy/paste here for expediency from another thread and dated last week, Aug. 2. As for me I'm not sure how I feel but I gravitate between fear, anxiety and my usual positive self. I saw my MO yesterday for my monthly visit. Last month she said that she was sending off a message to the Vancouver BCCA regarding my MRI from July 31st last year. She wanted comparison from that MRI to the one done June 20. The head of radiology at the Vancouver BCCA who had followed on my testing last year as well as doing the core biopsy, did that comparison and wrote a report. Bottom line is that progression and much more enhancement extending further and involving neurovascular elements, muscles, pleura with loss of peripheral fat planes whatever that is. There is more but Ibrance has stopped working and today I start Capecitabine (Xeloda). There is no way that I have absorbed this information and I have lots of questions. I did not really see this coming even though the pain has worsened and the breakthroughs more frequent.

I know many of you have already faced this kind of a jump and so you will know how I feel. Again I'm so happy that we have this group (and the other thread I follow).

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx 9/21/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/22/2017, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 9/8/2017 Dx Dx DCIS Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy

Aug 10, 2018 10:37AM DearLife wrote:

Dear MarianElizabeth, I am sorry to hear of your progression and I know you have been battling pain. I hope the Xeloda works for you without many side effects. Your positive spirit will rebound and help you through this. Gentle hugs.

I've looked at clouds from both sides now. Dx 12/1/1998, LCIS, Right Dx 1/9/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 2/26/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 3/1/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 4/17/2018 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Aug 10, 2018 10:46AM moth wrote:

Hi marianelizabeth - Well, that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a progression and having breakthrough pain. I hope your team will find some solutions to improve your comfort & that the xeloda will start working quickly. Glad that at least the ocean breezes are helping with the heat. Enjoy your time with your guests; I hope they lift your spirits and bring you joy.

Dx at 50; Left, IDC, 1.7 cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, very weakly ER+, being treated as TNBC Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast

Aug 10, 2018 11:31AM wrenn wrote:

Moth, I hope the results of the biopsy are benign and that radiation goes smoothly. Hopefully the heat doesn't continue so you don't have to deal with driving etc. It isn't bad in my apt. but I don't like going out when it is this hot. I am impressed that you keep up with your plans for school during all this. I tend to just collapse in a heap with stuff like this.

Marian, You are so strong and I too hope things improve soon with the pain and that your team find solutions.

I feel lucky to have come upon so many strong women. Damn. Take care

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Aug 10, 2018 10:57PM hugz4u wrote:

Hugs Mariane. Dang cancer!!!! Phooey. Hope you get good pain drugs that kick in faster than the speed of lightning.

Aug 10, 2018 11:27PM stellamaris wrote:

MarianElizabeth, sending you many positive, healing thoughts. So sorry to hear about your progression. I have been away from the board for a while. Finally retired and still figuring it all out. Just a couple of thoughts based on the posts i have just caught up on - my MO is Dr.Chia. Definitely not warm and fuzzy, lol, but i have a hubby for that. reconstruction - had a DIEP - that's the one where you get the tummy tuck - totally happy with the results. 4 week recovery (i am talking 4 weeks back to work and slowly hiking up grouse at age 65). Plastic surgeon was Este Boville. Hands down fantastic surgeon and exceptional human being. Wishing you all the very best.

Dx 10/5/2015, ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/30/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 12/2/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 12/18/2015 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/11/2016 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/24/2016 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Aug 11, 2018 12:05AM NVDobie wrote:

hi, marianelizabeth

Hugs and hugs, tough news. I am sure a lot on your mind. Sending you healing thoughts and vibes. We are here for you.

Dx 12/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/5/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 3/8/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 83 of 83 (2,469 results)