Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Montreal ladies?

Options
Eigna
Eigna Member Posts: 256

Anyone from Montreal? I’m still in the waiting period. BS appointment on Tuesday; finally! I hope things will take off from there. I feel tired and nauseous. I can’t enjoy life not knowing how long I have to live.

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

Hi Eigna - I'm in Montreal. Waiting with all the uncertainty is tiring. Once you have a treatment plan, you can focus on what needs to be done. In the meantime, try to take care of yourself. I've started Qigong (online videos) and found that it helps me breathe and sleep better. Your hospital probably offers classes for cancer patients such as yoga, art therapy, and support groups. I also found it helpful to read threads dedicated to posters who are 5, 10, and 15 years out from diagnosis. I'm almost 4 years out.

• Eigna
    Options

oh great. Which hospital were you at? That’s great positive news! Did you do any genetic testing prior to surgery?

• kim49
    kim49 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm in Montreal. I'm having a mastectomy of my left breast on Monday the 16th at St. Mary's. Waiting on my FISH results to see how we proceed after.

The waiting and being in limbo is the absolute worse.

I am exhausted but sleep is hard to come by.

• Eigna
    Options

Hi Kim49. Nice to e meet you. I'm having probably a lumpectomy in October but I need to do a genetic testing so see if treatment plan will change. I am at the Jewish Montréal Hosptal. Have you done a genetic test? Wishing you that all goes well during surgery and a quick recovery. Are you taking any time off from work? I totally understand you. This uncertainty is killing me too. But I am also scared of the surgery.

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

I'm at MUHC. I didn't undergo genetic testing. There's no history of cancer in my family, and I'm over 45. Mastectomies require a longer recovery, and I took some time off work. I can't remember how long.

I remember being scared, but I'm still here!

Good luck on your surgeries. Hope you both recover quickly.

• aram
    aram Member Posts: 320
    Options

Hi Montreal ladies,

I need to choose between MUHC and CHUM. How did you choose where to go? Were you happy with the care?

Thank you.

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

My PCP referred me to MUHC. I'm happy there. I know someone who goes to CHUM and is pleased with her care. Both are affiliated with universities.

Wish you the best on your upcoming treatments.

• aram
    Options

Hi SerenitySTA, thank you. It is good to know you are happy with MUHC. My first choice is that one, the only difference is my breast surgeon and my oncologist are going to be different if I go to MUHC. If I choose CHUM, one surgical oncologist would be in care of my surgery and treatments. I don't know if that matters or not, but I am leaning toward MUHC still as my breast dr is part of McGill medical care. Really hard decisions... though as you pointed out the good news is both places are supposed to be amazing for this kind of care.

• dancingdiva
    dancingdiva Member Posts: 317
    Options

HI, just want to say I'm from Montreal too. DD

• aram
    Options

hi dancingdiva, are you in active treatment? It seems it has been a while from your diagnosis. I hope everything is going well with you

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

Hi dancingdiva!

I'm currently at the MUHC enjoying an unexpected piano concert over by radiation oncology.

• dancingdiva
    dancingdiva Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hi ladies! I go on and off because sometimes it just gets too much and I want to get away. I think you know what I mean. I was on Ibrance /letrozole. Prob going to be switching because some nodes are lighting up between my lungs. I was hoping to get some rads to get rid of them but I’ve already had rads twice so that’s a no go. Wanted to get Proton rads but we don’t seem to have that tech in our country.
    Aram I see u were dx young. I was 42 as well. Made it to to 50 this year! But u have BRCA and her+ I think they have many treatments for that so that’s good.
    Serentity, some nice music is always good. It’s funny they have a piano at the JGH too. Wierd!

So nice to speak to mtl ladies

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

I hope you’re able to get the proton radiation therapy. There was news that one would get built here in Montreal, but that was a few years ago. Guess we can expect it in at least another 5 years maybe. :(

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

ThumbsUp

For immunocompromised Montrealers needing a safe vaccination space for 3rd/4th doses! See link for more details to contact this kind pharmacist.

https://twitter.com/balloonian/status/1480976773118574596?s=21

• aram
    Options

SerenityStat, I haven't heard anything about a 4th dose for Quebec, was it announced?

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

There's been no announcement, but the 4th dose can be scheduled through the vaccination portal for dialysis or immunocompromised patients 92 days after 3rd dose.

I can't remember when it changed. I periodically check the portal to see when the rest of my family are eligible. I have 2 more waiting for eligibility.

• aram
    Options

Great, thanks. I just saw it after you mentioned it! I was checking the news only. I should have checked the website

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

Quebec has expanded eligibility for the 4th dose to 18+ who are 3 months from last dose. Appointments can be scheduled through the vaccination portal.