Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thought Id throw it out there...

Lovespy
Lovespy Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in May Their Memory Live On

I don't have Breast Cancer. My grandmother died from it when my dad was 17. My mom was diagnosed last fall. I'm almost 17 years old, and in my whole entire life, I've never had to cope with something so difficult. By this I mean seeing my mom, a strong and intelligent woman, get set back by something so devastating.

She finished chemotherapy last month. It was a true milestone in this journey. After surgery, we found out that her tumor shrank 63%. Yes, that is quite a lot, but not as much as we wanted, so she has to take more medication and possibly have a second surgery.

My heart and support goes out to everyone who is affected by this life-altering process, or anyone who is like me and is affected by it.

I know that I am at risk to develop Breast Cancer. I'm just happy to know that I can have people who have the same problems to be there and support me!

Stay strong ladies! Smile

Comments

• nancym
    nancym Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2008

Lovespy, I hope your mom continues to make progress in her treatment.  She's very lucky to have a daughter like you! 

I hope you never have to go through cancer yourself, and I'm sorry that you never had the chance to know your grandmother because of this disease.   I wish the best for you and your mom!

• irishdreama
    irishdreama Member Posts: 538
    edited June 2008

You must be a true inspiration to your mom. Be sure to do self-exam's as it seems to run in your family, and you may want to look into genetic testing. Good luck to you and your mom!

• TenderIsOurMight
    TenderIsOurMight Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2008

How kind of you to think of us and send such nice wishes! Strength is learned through this dastard disease, even by those of us knock-kneed by nature.

Best wishes to your mom as she continues her treatment. Remember, new treatments are evolving as we speak and there continues to be great hope for women with breast cancer. Follow the personal-therapy developments based on your mom's tumor (markers, molecules) etc.. and may the she remain on the cusp of the wave destined for the glistening sand of chronicity, if not cure.

At seventeen, with your insight and attitude you should do well in life. I wish you personally an exciting and accomplished future.

Tender