Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Our beloved Konakat

Options
barbaraa
barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
edited June 2014 in May Their Memory Live On

I joined BCO a little over a year ago and throughout my entire time on the boards the one constant was KonaKat encouraging, debating, supporting, loving and just helping all newbies and propping up the rest of us. She graciously came to my rescue when I was so scared and unsure. What a wonderful thing for me. I will never forget it. I will never forget her. Her grace and warmth have been given to all of us on the boards and let us share in commemorating her wondrous gifts.

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited June 2011
    Options

My condolences to the family. Fly hight sweet Konakat with all the other BCO sisters we so dearly miss..Luv and hugs, Mazy

• ma111
    ma111 Member Posts: 167
    edited June 2011
    Options

My prayers are with her and the family and hoping things went peacefully.

• barbaraa
    edited June 2011
    Options

A tribute to KK from StillVerticle.

I AM STANDING ON THE SHORE OF THE SEA.
    A SHIP AT MY SIDE...AND SHE HOISTS HER SAILS TO THE MORNING BREEZE.
    THE WHITE CANVASAS FILL WITH A MIGHTY WIND AND LIFT TOWARD THE SKY.
    SHE SPREADS HER WINGS FULL WITH THE FIERCENESS OF A SOUL ETERNAL.
    ...SHE LEAVES HER MOORING AND STARTS FOR THE VAST BLUE OCEAN. SHE IS AN OBJECT OF STRENGTH AND BEAUTY....AND SHE CARRIES HER CARGO WELL.
    I WATCH HER SAIL FROM MY SHORE, UNTIL AT LENGTH...SHE MEETS THE POINT WHERE THE HORIZON MINGLES WITH THE OCEAN..WHERE THE EARTH CURVES ETERNAL.
    IN MY EYES, SHE HANGS THERE FOR A MOMENT....LIKE A SPECK OF WHITE CLOUD.
    SOMEONE STANDING NEAR ME SAYS "THERE SHE GOES....THERE, SHE IS GONE."
    GONE? GONE WHERE?
    GONE FROM MY SIGHT.....THAT IS ALL.
    FOR ON A FAR PORT THAT I CANNOT SEE.....ANOTHER CROWD AWAITS HER ARRIVAL. FOR THEM, SHE IS A SIGHT TO SEE!
    SHE IS JUST AS LARGE IN MAST AND HULL AND SPAR AS SHE WAS WHEN SHE LEFT MY SIDE.
    THE CROWD ON THE UNSEEN SHORE SHOUTS WITH JOY, ANXIOUS FOR HER BLESSED CARGO. THE SWELL ARISES....."AHOY AND HORRAH.....FOR HERE SHE COMES!" THEY CRY.
    FOR IN FULL MEASURE, SHE IS JUST AS ABLE TO BEAR HER LOAD AS WHEN SHE LEFT MY SIDE. And that for me is dying.

• hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited June 2011
    Options

Dearest Konakat, you will be missed by all......You were there for me when I was diagnosed over 4 years ago......Thank you for your kindness and your gentle words of wisdom and love......You helped so many of us in this struggle with cancer even though you had your own fight to deal with....May you rest in peace and may the Lord watch over your family as they too deal with the loss of your precious love.........

• LMDuncan
    LMDuncan Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2011
    Options

Konakat you will be missed. My deepest condolences to your family.

Lori

• MsBliss
    MsBliss Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2011
    Options

I hope somehow you knew how much you were so beloved. I was always so touched by your wisdom, by your beautiful words, your warm humor, how you supported this community, despite the battle you waged. My deepest condolences to your family.

• bekker
    bekker Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Options

Deepest condolences to the family.  She was very warm and supportive, always found words of encouragement when they were most needed in moments of complete despair.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,928
    edited November 2011
    Options

Thinking of you, Elizabeth.

• barbaraa
    edited November 2011
    Options

Missing you, Elizabeth. Sinking my toes into Caribbean sand and knowing how you loved your trips.

• barbaraa
    edited November 2011
    Options

Missing you, Elizabeth. Sinking my toes into Caribbean sand and knowing how you loved your trips.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2011
    Options

Ahhh Konkat and her cabana boys.  I think of her so often, what a wonderful friend she was to so many of us.