Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

DEAR KONAKAT - Its been one year today

Options
1Athena1
1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
edited June 2014 in May Their Memory Live On

Incredible! It feels like yesterday that you were making me laugh and honouring me with the joy of your friendship.

I do miss you so - It's not fair that someone who loved life as you did should NOT live to be 150. Be assured that you live on in many hearts.

Hope Cloe and Ursula are not making too much of a mess in Heaven's kitty litter!

Comments

• CherrylH
    CherrylH Member Posts: 189
    edited June 2012
    Options

Raising a glass in glorious memory, KK.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2012
    Options

Ahhh cabana boys and chocolate, she was one special woman KK miss you and your witty repartee

• retiredlibby
    retiredlibby Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2012
    Options

Oh, my friend -- I miss you so.  I hope you have caught up with my mother and my sister (she just joined you in February) and are comparing notes and laughing your *sses off.  You all have that kind of humor.  Hope you are the triad of crazy cat ladies wherever you are!

Love always,

L

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    edited June 2012
    Options

Her wonderful gift to us, The Book Lovers thread lives on! We remember her often! RIP...

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
    edited June 2012
    Options

I was in a store yesterday and on their audio system they were playing this version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I&feature=relmfu

It always makes me tear up and think of those that I've lost, both personally and from here. The very first person that came to my mind yesterday was Elizabeth, and I kept thinking of her over and over throughout the day. I had no idea that it was the first anniversary of her death... at least not consciously.  A strange coincidence, or maybe not.  

It's hard to believe that it's been a year; it seems like just a few months. I hope that she and AlaskaDeb and Nicki and Annie (Camel Tail, aka heatherblocklear) and all the others I thought about yesterday are having a wild time wherever they are!  I can almost hear the laughing from here.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited June 2012
    Options

KK I miss you so.Just know you are on that beach upstairs with your Cabbana boys and chocolate cake.

• rosemary-b
    rosemary-b Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2012
    Options

Miss you my friend