Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

susan13 is an angel now

Options
chelev
chelev Member Posts: 417
Very sad hearing yesterday that one of our 2009 sisters, Sue Augustine (susan13) passed away a couple of weeks ago.  Her obit is here: Susan Augustine
Obituary
Guest Book
"I only knew Sue online via breastcancer.org, and we had..."
- Lisa Gessner
View Sign

Susan Augustine EWING - Susan Augustine, 46, of Ewing passed away on Thursday, July 19, 2012. Susan was born in Perth Amboy, NJ, and graduated from both Perth Amboy High School and the Cittone Institute. She worked as an executive assistant for 23 years at Franco Manufacturing, Metuchen, NJ. She is survived by her husband and daughter, Brian and Isabelle Augustine; brothers, Thomas and Peter Barna, and mother, Margaret Barna. Sue loved motherhood and was passionate about all things related to the outdoors. Sue loved to hike, mountain bike, backpack, ski, camp, fish and garden. Although rough and tough when needed to be, she could throw on a dress with a pair of her favorite heels and look absolutely beautiful. Sue enjoyed a nice glass of wine around a fire with good friends and family, her favorite color was purple and popcorn was one of her favorite snacks. She was an amazing cook and challenged as a baker, her annual apple pie oven fires will be missed. Sue had a kind heart and a love of all animals. Throughout her years she saved and cared for many cats and was recently introduced to the joys of puppy ownership. Sue was a strong woman with a great sense of humor and was the life of the party. Sue's strength and determination in her fight against cancer was an inspiration to all that had the pleasure of knowing her. She refused to allow this disease to keep her from living life to the fullest. Sue will be greatly missed but not forgotten. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. on Thursday, July 26, 2012, at St. Paul's Church, 214 Nassau St., Princeton. Calling hours will be held on Wednesday, July 25, 2102, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Mather-Hodge Funeral Home, 40 Vandeventer Ave., Princeton.

Those of us who became facebook friends were not aware that Sue was gravely ill.  She will be missed deeply.  I am very sad today.  Another one gone, after receiving so called NED and clear reports.  This sickens me and puts into perspective that perhaps its all borrowed time.  My DH even said to me last night as he comforted me, "You really don't know with this disease, do you?  Even though you are told you are in remission . . . " Prayers to the Barna - Augustine families.  Sue, you are flying with the angels now, above that Jersey humidity.  Love you. 

Comments

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited August 2012
    Options

I am so very sorry to hear that we have lost another beautiful sister to this beastly disease.  My deep condolences to Brian, Isabel, and to all those that loved Sue.  May she soar with the angels.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,900
    edited August 2012
    Options

Our deepest sympathies go out to her family, and all those who loved her.

The Breastcancer.org team

• Angelfalls
    Angelfalls Member Posts: 83
    edited August 2012
    Options

Sincere condolences to all her family and friends. Rest in peace now, Sue.