Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Melissa J. is an Angel ..........Still Verticle on BCO

Options
Gingerbrew
Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
edited November 2016 in May Their Memory Live On

Melissa J. rest in peace ..........Still Verticle on BCO

Broken hearted friends standing together in remembrance.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,747
    edited April 2013
    Options

Condolences to her loved ones and friends. May she rest in peace.

Caryn

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited April 2013
    Options

One of your pictures Mel, fly free.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited April 2013
    Options

My condolences to all who loved her. May G-d send them comfort.

Leah

• Ysa
    Ysa Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2013
    Options

Deepest sympathies to all who knew and loved her.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,928
    edited April 2013
    Options

I am so sorry to hear this news.

• mandy1313
    mandy1313 Member Posts: 978
    edited April 2013
    Options

May Melissa be at peace.

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    Options

My condolences to all who loved her.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited April 2013
    Options

RIP

• Gingerbrew
    edited April 2013
    Options

Bringing this to the top for those of you looking for Melissa's memorial. 

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    edited April 2013
    Options

Melissa was the first person who reached out to me on this forum and I will never forget her.  Godspeed, Melissa.  Free at last.

Kathy

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2013
    Options

Okay, Gingerbrew, you got me crying again.....

I don't know how to begin.

I will say that for having never met ♥ Melissa ♥ in person, I never thought I could love someone & care about someone so much as I do this gal. No matter what was going on in her life, she ALWAYS asked me about mine. She loved hearing about my grandchildren & DH - trips to the frozen tundra of Lake Superior. She loved it.

Our long conversations I will never forget. About anything & everything.

And so much laughter. And that NC accent. And did I say her laughter??

I'm sorry, I can't stop crying.....

♥♥♥ Meli ♥♥♥  When you told me in response to my anxiety about my upcoming Onc appointment,

"..... & lots of Angels coming your way!!!!",

I did not expect one to be you................

I will miss you always, my dear sister. ♥

Valerie

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited April 2013
    Options

Absolutely heartbreaking.  I went back and found an old PM from her when I heard the news, and couldn't help wishing that I'd stayed in touch with her after she left BCO.  She was truly a beautiful soul, and her death is a real tragedy.  My condolences to her family and friends.    Deanna   

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    edited April 2013
    Options

I am sorry to hear this news about a BCO sister who was much loved.  Condolences to her family and friends.  StillVerticle's name has been added to the BCO List of Angels.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,907
    edited April 2013
    Options

Our sincere sympathies to StillVerticle's family, friends, and all who cared for her.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2013
    Options

So sad, she was such a great character and such a wonderful photographer RIP StillVertical, fly free with the angels

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited April 2013
    Options

The tears won't stop.......I cannot believe she is gone.  I did meet her and she was wonderful and such a talented photographer. I remember being on the phone to her for a couple of hours for each conversation we had...........an amazing woman, an amazing life.  

You are free now Mel. Rest in peace.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    edited April 2013
    Options

My heart is broken. Fly free Melissa.

• valjean
    edited April 2013
    Options

And ♥ Melissa ♥ loved Gold Fish & Fig Newtons.

Missing you so much......

♥♥♥

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Melissa Jenkins wrote this for us, about us.

The PODS DEFINED.....<

>

POD like a POD, family of whales. -Forever joined thru generations, time, eternity and great wisdom, shaped by the same fierce forces, streamlined by the eons, speaking the same language, working for the same purpose, stronger than all of the oceans. Birthing, maternal, teaching one another the songs of the seas, protecting, playing, eternal in celebrating each other and living in perfect concert for the life, death, and pure joy of the POD.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2013
    Options

Im still in shock.

Never saw this thread.

RIP SV.No more pain and torture.

Prayers for all of our sistas who knew and loved her.

Grannydukes

• FRIENDOFMELISSAJENKINS
    FRIENDOFMELISSAJENKINS Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Options

I was a friend of Melissa Ann Jenkins for 23 years. I hadn't heard from her for some time, and googled her this week of October, as her phone and email were shut off. I was stunned to see the articles generated  by her tragic ending. When I last spoke with her this spring, she was moving to Raleigh/Salem to seek possible answers other than surgery or chemo. She obviously didn't find them. She said she was "done" and she couldn't "do this anymore", and I just didn't think it would mean this.

However, going out in a big way was the way this beautiful child of God would have had it.Melissa will always be a big part of my husband's and my story and hearts, as she helped me save my husband's life 19 years ago with her CNA training,which was just another hat she wore :0).  I  also know one of her proudest accomplishements was celbrating 25 years of sobriety on June 6th of this year. . She was, and remains,  a brilliant, complicated and strong spirit. She was a dear and stalwart friend to me, and I loved our long chats and the waves of laughter that they often produced. Knowing her here in Salt Lake and then on the phone thru the years in North Carolina was a privilege and an honor.

I do not have cancer, but signed on to this website searching for clues or stories that could help fill in the blanks of her last days. Does anyone know if her dog was left behind? If any of you have meaningful posts from her, or pictures that she took, I would really appreaciate hearing from you. I do not do Face Book, and don't know much about website communication, so I'll leave it in God's hands what gets back to me on this site.

I know Mellisa made friends with all you sisters around the world, and she LOVED her interaction with you. It seems like 4 ladies from Australia came and visited her in NC, and she dearly loved it.

Peace and love to you each and all.

• mandy1313
    mandy1313 Member Posts: 978
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi Friend of Melissa Jenkins,

Her dog was rescued by the North Carolina English Springer Spaniel Rescue and a home was found for him. There was alot of drama getting him to the rescue but Angus lives on as Melissa would have wanted. I don't know if you are aware of private messages, but if you log in an look at the left side you will see a section that says "private messages". You will find that one of our group has sent you a private message. Thank you for sharing your memories of Melissa.

Mandy

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446
    edited October 2013
    Options

hey friend of Melissa.. I'm so sorry you had to find out on a stinkin website. I'm Connie from Savannah, Ga and dearly love Melissa. Please check your private messages on this site for my email and we will get you talking with the other gals.

And yes, the dog has been saved and adopted. That's a story all by itself.

• Gingerbrew
    edited October 2013
    Options

Dear friend of Mel

I am so glad you found us here. Melissa mentioned you to me several times and talked of moving back to Utah, even this year.

One of us contacted the Springer Spaniel rescue and stayed on top of it until Melissa's dog was safely out of the dog pound. You might appreciate that a number of us sent donations to the shelter in memory of Melissa. We just couldn't think of what else to do.

You must have been in shock to discover the terrible way that Melissa died, I know I was in shock for days. Melissa deserved so much better than this.

Please sent me a private email here and I will respond with my details so that I can get one of Melissa's photos to you.

Again I am so sorry you found this knowledge in the way you did.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi Friend of Melissa, I'm the one who visited Mel from Australia. We had such a wonderful time together and took many photos. I will be happy to get some to you if you would like them.

If you PM me by clicking on my avatar and following the prompts I'll get back to you asap.

Chrissyb

• valjean
    edited October 2013
    Options

Dear Friend of Melissa,

I am another friend of Melissa. We had long phone conversations which left me laughing (& totally enjoying her laughter) though sometimes a bit sad, but always wanting more..... She talked of you & going back to Utah. I was never lucky enough to have met her in person, & that is my loss...

I am so sorry you found out about the loss of dear Melissa the way you did. I can only imagine the shock.... as we were the day we found out.

We who loved her are still in shock. I find myself waiting for her call .... or seeing her on my phone contact list & thinking I need to call her .... but, sadly.......

I miss her very much.....

Val

Edited to Add ~~ As you may see below in my signature line, the ♥ RIP MELISSA ♥ is for her.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi there.

I PMed you when I saw your message this morning our time. As you can see the gang is gathering.

Big hugs

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited October 2013
    Options

I saw this post when it first came on...and I waited...

I was gonna pm Val and Alyson today...glad you found it yourself.

Im still in shock too.

I was supposed to go to meet her but my back went out of wack and i missed the reunion...

She was such a piece of work...always had all of us laughing...and crying...

RIP Mel..you are with the angels.

Big hugggg to all my sistas and to her wonderful friend who started this

I am Grannydukes

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2013
    Options

RIP SV  ♥

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,747
    edited October 2013
    Options

I did not know Melissa. My condolences to all who knew and loved her. I read a news report about her death. It was a shock to know that her life ended that way. May she rest in peace.