Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Happy Mothers Day to All the Moms Weve Lost and Miss

SlowDeepBreaths
SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
edited May 2015 in May Their Memory Live On

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's we lost on these boards. I lost my Mom to Lou Gehrig's Disease 21 years ago, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. Happy Mother's Day Mom.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom - 2015

Comments

• Solen
    Solen Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2014

I am sorry about your loss, I too lost my mother 16 years ago to breast cancer.  I miss her too.

Thank you for making this post.  I always think of my mother when I see hummingbirds. like she is coming to say hi, and yesterday, there was this beautiful hummer playing in the moving water of my backyard fountain.

Happy mother's day to my mom too.  She may have died way too young, but she was the best mom I could have ever had. 

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2014

I lost my mom 49 years ago to BC. Even after 50 years I still miss her. Only now do I understand part of her struggle. Happy Mother's Day mama.

• Solen
    Solen Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2014

farmerlucy, I get what you mean.  Sometimes I miss my mother more now.  I remember when I was first diagnosed 13 years ago, and I burst into horrible sobs.  They brought in a counselor, but what they didn't understand was I was not crying for myself, but was heartbroken that as much as I tried to understand how my mom felt, I had no idea until the moment someone told ME I had cancer.  I felt bad for not understanding her situation better.  But I am sure she is still with me in a way, laughing as I try to parent my son who is so much like me in many ways!

• farmerlucy
    edited May 2014

((Solen))

• BayouBabe
    BayouBabe Member Posts: 1,467
    edited May 2014

Walking down memory lane with all of you.  I lost my mom 8 years ago next week.  She died from stage IV small cell carcinoma.  I miss her horribly, but know it would have broken her heart to see me fighting cancer as well.  I look at my children some days and tears come to my eyes.  She loved them so, and found joy in each and every day she was a grandma.  She only got to enjoy that title for 4 short years.  I keep her memory alive in all the wonderful stories I tell my children.  Love you mom; you will live in mine and my children's hearts forever!

• farmerlucy
    edited May 2014

((bayou babe))

• BayouBabe
    BayouBabe Member Posts: 1,467
    edited May 2014

((farmerlucy)) right back at you! Thank you!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,742
    edited May 2014

This is my first Mother's Day without my mother. No cards to send,no phone call to make. I watched my students make Mother's Day cards and wrap gifts. I wish I could have joined them.

• farmerlucy
    edited May 2014

((exbrnxgrl))

• maureen1
    maureen1 Member Posts: 87
    edited May 2014

Thanks for starting this thread...I've been thinking about my mom all day…this is my second Mother's Day without her and it still feels "empty". I miss her spunky personality and our conversations. I'd love to call her, send her a card, bring the kids over to see her… she lost her battle with breast cancer the week I had my lumpectomy and was diagnosed in 2012. I still had my dressings and drains when I went to her funeral. My surgeon knew just what to say when I called her..."She's where she can help you even more, she's YOUR angel now and she's looking over you". (((Happy Mother's Day Mom)))

• farmerlucy
    edited May 2014

((Maureen)) What a lovely thing for your surgeon to say.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited May 2014

Lost my mom 4 years ago after a long battle with early Alzheimer's disease. She was diagnosed at 56 and gone by 65. I still miss her daily and suspect that I always will.  Happy Mother's Day Mom......

Sending heartfelt hugs to all those without their mom this year. 

• nesw
    nesw Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2014

Love to ((((everybody grieving here)))).  I love you so much Mama.  I have a giant hole in my heart that will be there for the rest of my life. You were misdiagnosed as primary lung cancer,when it was actually breast mets to lung, and chemo cocktail tailored to lung wasn't quite the remedy.

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,937
    edited May 2014

I lost my Mom 21 years ago next week. She died from BC. Lost her Mom and 2 sisters to BC as well. Love you Mom. Still missing you . 

Hugs and Much love to all. 

• GrammyR
    GrammyR Member Posts: 297
    edited May 2014

exbrxgrl- So sorry   for your loss not too long ago. It will be days like today that you miss her most. Just remember all us grandma's out here are sending you big hugs right now. Mine passed on 25 years ago this Easter from a heart attack ( she was only 68) They are up there and will be w/us again one days in the heavens rest assured.

• ndroby
    ndroby Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2014

I've never had a mother's day with my mom that I can remember. She died from breast cancer when I was 2 years old. I wonder what she was like...I heard lovely stories about her fighting spirit, how much she loved my father, the clothing she sewed and her wonderful cooking, but I never had the privilege of knowing her. I envy anyone who has had even a day with their mom. You are most fortunate.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2014

ebrnxgrl, I'm sorry for your recent loss.

GrammyR, Like you, I lost my Mother on Easter Day.

Gentle hugs to all that have posted.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2014

I miss my Mom so very much. I can't believe I have no one to call on Mother's Day now since my mother in law passed in December. My Mom passed in 2012. It does not get easier...seems to me to be even harder now than it was last year or the first one in 2012 (she died in February) Gosh, what I would not give to hear her scold me for not calling her back immediately after she called me. Aaaaah, life is so different without her in it! Happy Mother's Day in Heaven Mom and Priscilla (my mother in law)

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,890
    edited May 2014

Hugs and warm wishes to our amazing Community members!

• maureen1
    maureen1 Member Posts: 87
    edited May 2015

Happy Mother's Day Mom...I wish I could talk with you, buy you a card and some flowers...so sad that breast cancer took you...scared of the future battles with breast cancer that lay ahead for me and the fears it will strike my girls or granddaughters...missing you and wishing for a cure to stop this beast from taking more moms...you are my angel and will always live in my heart...with love and hope...Maureen

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited May 2015

I lost my Mom 10 years ago. I miss her so much. She died from congestive heart failure. She was 83. She buried 2 of my brothers and my Dad. I think her heart was totally broken and she wanted to be with them. I called her every day just to say hi and visited she and my dad at least once a week. Love you Mom in my heart forever.

Diane

• farmerlucy
    edited May 2015

Happy Mother's Day momma. You gave me some powerful mojo love in just five short years and it has carried me through.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

It's hard to believe my Mother has been gone for 22 years.
    It never gets any easier. Miss you Mom.

Gentle hugs to all that have lost their Mom's.

I'd also like to pay tribute to all the Mom's we've lost on BCO.
    You will never be forgotten.

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited May 2015

I found my mom passed away in 2004 and a year later on the

same day I was told I have BC, Hugs and prayers to all.

• JuanitaB
    JuanitaB Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2015

My mom passed away 22 years ago from breast cancer. I miss her every single day.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2015

Happy Mothers day everyone,

I read a great article in Dear Abby today. I too lost my Mom a year ago and miss her daily. The article in the local paper in the Dear Abby column was inspiring... I cant photo pop it in so will quickly rewrite it:

" I lost my Mom last year and its the first Mothers day without my Mom. Because I was feeling down, I bought a bouquet of flowers , carried it to a nursing home, and handed it to a nurse. I asked her to give it to a Mom who wouldn't receive anything today. It was bitter sweet, but boosted my spirits on what was a sad day. "

Just wanted to share.. this inspired and motivated me. And off to the the store to buy a nice bouquet or two and then to the nursing home near our church I go today....

Hoping this may inspire all of you who miss your Moms today too.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,915
    edited May 2015

My mother died 11 years ago, and my father almost 3 years ago. For his last couple years, my dad lived in a nursing home about 10 minutes from my house. Every Saturday we still go over to the weekly coffee party and hang out with several of the people we met when he lived there (and some whom we've met since his passing). These people have no family around and REALLY appreciate the companionship. It is fun for them, fun for us; and a great way to honor my parents, who were the most wonderful, welcoming people.

*Missing you, mom. Happy Mother's Day!Heart

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

Bevin, thanks for sharing that article.

You're a kind, caring person Ruth. What a great way to honor your parents.

Foots, You've been through so much.

Thanks to everyone that posted.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,915
    edited May 2015

I was looking through old pictures this weekend and found this sweet one of my mom and me sharing a laugh. image

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

What a great picture Ruth!! You both have beautiful smiles.

I find myself getting so sentimental lately. I've also been digging through old pictures.