Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Erin Wall, 44, Dies; Acclaimed Soprano in Mozart and Strauss

beesie.is.out-of-office
beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
edited October 2020 in May Their Memory Live On

Another loss to MBC.

"Found to have cancer in late 2017, Ms. Wall was in treatment for much of 2018, but she continued to perform amid surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation. She maintained her appearances until earlier this year, when her cancer returned and the coronavirus pandemic caused performances to be canceled worldwide.

She discussed her condition candidly in blog posts and on social media; in her Twitter biography, she wrote, "Please don't use the word 'battle' to refer to my life or illness."

Comments

• rain88
    rain88 Member Posts: 160
    edited October 2020

Yes, Beesie, such sad news. I couldn't help but wonder about the type of cancer she had and why nothing more could be done.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited October 2020

She's a Canuck and grew up in Vancouver

She wrote this in Feb 2019. http://email.coc.ca/view/?sid=NDIyXzEyNzg3XzI4XzY5...

She'd been originally dx stage 3 with big lymph node involvement. I believe she had her metastatic recurrence dx March 2020 so it must have been very aggressive and not responding to treatment :(

• buttonsmachine
    buttonsmachine Member Posts: 339
    edited October 2020

Very sad indeed. We need better treatments.

• rain88
    rain88 Member Posts: 160
    edited October 2020

Thank you for the article, moth. I find it extraordinary that she could do all that she did! I am humbled by the sheer strenght of her will. And so sad for such an abrupt end. Yes, buttons, we need better treatments. We need a cure!